Notices

What would this do ? J/K ... stock LS header compared to turbo manifold out of boost ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would this do ? J/K ... stock LS header compared to turbo manifold out of boost ??

You could consider this an FI or N/A question:

I will be taking the turbo off this weekend and am not boosting currently... I am driving the car... but not going into boost. The car seems tremendously underpowered out of boost, which would be understandable at 9.0:1, but w/o boost, if the turbo/manifold still bolted on, would it rob some of the HP the same motor N/A should produce ? When I swap back to the stock header, I should notice an increase in power due to a freer flowing manifold ? I really hope so as right now, w/o going into boost, the car is piggish all the way to redline and I hate having to floor it and make a ruckus to go to 20 mph ! Another downside is thta my gas milage is shot to ****... I calculated 15.7 mpg and I have not seen boost in a month !

X2
Old 06-26-2002, 11:47 AM

Default Re: What would this do ? J/K ... stock LS header compared to turbo manifold out of boost ??

this isnt really helpful to you but... the first week i had the turbo i had to get gas 3-4 times. i was ***** out boosting everywhere. a week after that i only hit boost once or twice a day and my gas mileage was like stock again! oh and about the header... i used to have the kamikaze 4-1 header, and funny thing.. the greddy turbo had more lowend then the kamikazes. i didnt have to downshift as much to get up hills.
Old 06-27-2002, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What would this do ? J/K ... stock LS header compared to turbo manifold out of boost ??

Hmm... as far as the kamakazi giveing less low end... I would assume it's due to the lower exhaust restriction of not having to spin the turbine at all...

Well, I reconnected the charge pipe and it seems my gas milage is SLIGHTLY better, haven't broken 200 m per tank tho... I will be swapping back the stock header and hope to see a decent gas milage.

X2