''simply BLACK''

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Re: ''simply BLACK''

Lead deposits from the stupid cam2 racegas ruined my cylinder walls and injector. Walls are rusted and scored with lead deposits. Piston tops were rusted and pitted. Says its rusted like it sat outside in the rain for years. Injectors will need to be sent out for rebuild or some serious cleaning. I added 60% increase with no additional fuel. He added a cramp ton of fuel to the same result. So weird because there happened over the course of like six months

so once again its teardown and repeat.
Old 05-01-2024, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 258 Likes on 226 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 05-02-2024, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

****** hatin life right now. Right when im about to buy a truck, pay for surgery, and then an xray.

In talks with 4piston on their shortblocks. Current 84mm block has already been decked a couple times. So i think im done with it. Goin to 84.25mm or 84.5mm then decking it again will just create more in hassles im not interested in.
Old 05-03-2024, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ls joker
****** hatin life right now. Right when im about to buy a truck, pay for surgery, and then an xray.

In talks with 4piston on their shortblocks. Current 84mm block has already been decked a couple times. So i think im done with it. Goin to 84.25mm or 84.5mm then decking it again will just create more in hassles im not interested in.
Damn bro hate to see it!! Timing of these events is always the worse I swear smh. Yeah I did something similar once my old sleeve motor blew at 84.5mm I said **** it and went with a fresh b18c1 I bought local and sent it off to Ramey Racing for a shortblock package. It's worth it to not have to deal with the hassle of assembly etc.

Unfortunately I am battling problems now as well. I need cheaper hobbies lol.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GEN2 LS
Damn bro hate to see it!! Timing of these events is always the worse I swear smh. Yeah I did something similar once my old sleeve motor blew at 84.5mm I said **** it and went with a fresh b18c1 I bought local and sent it off to Ramey Racing for a shortblock package. It's worth it to not have to deal with the hassle of assembly etc.

Unfortunately I am battling problems now as well. I need cheaper hobbies lol.
Right!!! I have sources locally, but im just gona get the ball rolling. And!!! I decided to go thru ramey built. My tuner mentioned years ago, that he sends his block to get sleeved by him. So he trust his work. Turnaround time is quicker also.

i will be using their gsr block and crank core build packages. Now i just have to either get the injectors cleaned really good or replaced. Figure out what im gona do for fuel(not e85 lol). Timing covers, oil pump, pickup, baffling, and likely the post mount. Not sure if its different from b16s
Old 05-03-2024, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts

Right!!! I have sources locally, but im just gona get the ball rolling. And!!! I decided to go thru ramey built. My tuner mentioned years ago, that he sends his block to get sleeved by him. So he trust his work. Turnaround time is quicker also.

i will be using their gsr block and crank core build packages. Now i just have to either get the injectors cleaned really good or replaced. Figure out what im gona do for fuel(not e85 lol). Timing covers, oil pump, pickup, baffling, and likely the post mount. Not sure if its different from b16s
Yeah I highly recommend them! Great customer service and turnaround time. If you follow them on IG they are having 15% off "everything" on their site for the next 2 days. Just use their coupon code posted on their story. 15% off a shortblock package would be clutch!
Old 05-03-2024, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

****** too late. Already paid, dude didnt even mention a code lol
Old 05-31-2024, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Leaded fuel pics

Old 05-31-2024, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 818 Likes on 758 Posts

How long has that engine been sitting since it has run ?
Old 06-01-2024, 03:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol. Six ******* months if that. My tuner asked the same thing. Everything is documented here from when it ran on hondata. Started the install for the g4x ecu. And it idled poorly literally three times briefly before it died out. Then would do **** for months. Had me chasing my tail when it wasnt getting fuel all along. Due to the injectors being fucked. Internally, they prolly look just like the inside of my engine.

Spoke with an old car buddy some weeks ago. He reminded me, the he thought the cam2 racegas used to absorb water really good. So it was my fault for not empting the racegas, and running 93 octane thru the system. Live and learn. Now i need to do my homework on if the boostane octane booster will do the same thing. I can gladly go back to running that. I just dont remember if i was using it long enough for the car to sit and potentially do the same thing. Which im pretty sure it have, and didnt
Old 06-01-2024, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Lol. Six ******* months if that.
Holy ****! Dude, I'm so sorry. I also run leaded fuel and leave my car for longer periods off but that has never happened before. Are you sure that's not water? What type of fuel do you run? I've been running a 50/50 mix of VP110 leaded and 92 octane pump. I have to replace my wideband every other year and my exhaust is white but other than that it's been fine. I should probably have my fuel injectors cleaned, it's been a while.

Old 06-01-2024, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by liam821
Holy ****! Dude, I'm so sorry. I also run leaded fuel and leave my car for longer periods off but that has never happened before. Are you sure that's not water? What type of fuel do you run? I've been running a 50/50 mix of VP110 leaded and 92 octane pump. I have to replace my wideband every other year and my exhaust is white but other than that it's been fine. I should probably have my fuel injectors cleaned, it's been a while.
Eventually when i got the b16 bored to 84mm, i switched to 93 octane witha full 32oz of boostane. That got me to 104octane. Price was over hundred on gas(year or two ago mind you). I then remember that toledo sale cam2(racegas) locally at two different stations. Research showed that if was just rebranded sunoco 110octane. Ran that for literally one season i believe before i was done with the hondata issue. It sat with 1/8th of the cam2 fuel in the tank. **** the entire fuel system is prolly fucked. Something in the properties mite make it vulnerable to absorbing moisture. Or maybe the cam2 is more ideal for like 2 stroke dirtbikes or whatnot.

City 30mins up north from me sells 5 gallon vp fuel at their honda dirtbike shop. But the ***** a fortune.

I know turbolscrx down in kentucky runs the renegade stuff. And i dont think he has issues either
Old 06-01-2024, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Geez, okay, will not buy that gas. I've left the gas in the tank for a year before without issue.

I buy VP110 at the pump for a little under $10/gl here in Oregon. Or I can buy a 5gl drum for about $75 which is a bit expensive I go through about 20 gallons of fuel in a day at the track, so around $150 in gas per day.
Old 06-01-2024, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Under 10 bucks isnt bad. The cam2 was 8.5 a gallon. But ugh the 5 gallon pail price is a bit much.

Live and learn i guess.