Notices

JRSC part question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC part question

Does anyone know what, if anything, connects to this?? I have a B18C5 w/JRSC, but the car will not start. It cranks n cranks, but wont start. Err...sorry, dont know how to attach pics... But its a black plastic piece somewhat in the middle on the manifold, that has a metal "clip" on it. According to another persons pic, he had a wire attached to it, but I dont know where this goes...any help, thanks
Old 03-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JRSC part question (DC2_TEG)

that would be the pressure sensor. you only need this if you're using the relay hack that comes with the kit. what kind of fueling are you using? FMU? VAFC?
Old 03-01-2004, 10:04 PM

Default Re: JRSC part question (keebler65)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by keebler65 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that would be the pressure sensor. you only need this if you're using the relay hack that comes with the kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I second that. cranking and cranking... go back to basics, air, fuel, spark... you got all three? A big vacuum leak will do the same too, you got all the hoses on there right?
Old 03-01-2004, 10:18 PM

Well, I'm only using the parts(hope i didnt miss any) that came with the JRSC kit. I did get the boost upgrade kit as well.

The car started before..idled kinda rough, and all of a sudden it just wouldnt start anymore. I pulled the hose off the fuel pressure regulator and turned the ignition switch on, fuel does come out.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:20 PM

Does anyone have an pics of an integra w/JRSC on it? If could post, would greatly appreciate it.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DC2_TEG)

if you're not using any outside fueling, make sure you've hooked up the FMU and the relay that comes with the kit. if you dont have it, buy it or find an alternative. dont be like the guy a few days ago that didnt retard his timing and thus blew his motor.....
Old 03-02-2004, 07:07 AM

Default Re: (keebler65)

Which relay are you talking about? Is this the one that will be connecting to the black plastic thing I was asking about? I'm gonna try to get some pics today, and hopefully post'em up. By the way, before when the car did start, my friend reved the motor a lil, and something went "POP" and a puff of smoke came out around the throttle area
Old 03-02-2004, 07:16 AM

I have the relay I can sell you if your interested. Its a small black box looking thing with wires.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: JRSC part question (DC2_TEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC2_TEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does anyone know what, if anything, connects to this..... its a black plastic piece somewhat in the middle on the manifold, that has a metal "clip" on it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Black plastic thing on the middle of the mani????? sounds like the bypass valve but there's no electrical connection to it
Old 03-02-2004, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC2_TEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">By the way, before when the car did start, my friend reved the motor a lil, and something went "POP" and a puff of smoke came out around the throttle area </TD></TR></TABLE>

smoke in the throttle area is bad....this is the post i was talking about: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=782680

people need to start studying up before turning the key....

anyways get some good pics and hopefully we can help.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:22 PM

keebler65...thanks for your help. I have not retarded the timing, nor installed the BTC that came with the jrsc kit. Is it possible that this could be the reason that my car won't start? The thing is, the car did start before. It started, kinda idled high, then after it warmed up it started to "boggle". So my friend revved the engine a lil, and a "pop" sound came with a puff a smoke around the throttle body area. So we waited a little, and started the car again, and it started w/out the pop sound again, however still boggled. I know that w/out seeing the car in person, that it would be hard to tell where the problem may be, however if you had any advice or suggestions, I would really appreciate it. My car has been in my friends shop for over a year, and I really want my car back ..Anyway, I will try to get some pics or possibly even a mpeg of the car craking n cranking. Thanks again.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure that the MAP and TPS connectors are not hooked up backwards. They have the same plug.

Sonny
Old 03-03-2004, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the car will start without retarding the timing or a BTC. it will also idle. actually it will drive too but thats when you blow the motor. so if you've only revved it, you should be ok. make sure you retard the timing though or get a BTC before driving it anywhere. other than that....try what sonny's suggestion...i'm running out of ideas.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:59 PM

we went back and tried to get the car started again. However, the problem may not have to do with the supercharger. Since the engine check light was on, we checked the codes, and got codes 6 and 10, forget what they were, but anyway, too try to make this less confusing as possible, we dropped in a JDM B18CR motor into what was originally a 95 LS. So, my friend now thinks that the problem may be witth the engine harness. We never did start the car w/just the engine, just put the jrsc on before we dropped it in the car. Anyhow, now I'm just confused