Notices

AFC Hack w/jrsc

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AFC Hack w/jrsc

I need to know if this will work with the jrsc set-up. I couldnt see any reason that it wouldnt, boost is boost but the partial throttle denotation could be a problem. Anyone have the afc hack running with a jrsc?

Thanks, Jeff
Old 06-11-2002, 02:43 AM
DSF
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: AFC Hack w/jrsc (boosted hybrid)

Look for posts or IM "5 Liter Eater".

Old 06-11-2002, 04:40 AM

Default Re: AFC Hack w/jrsc (boosted hybrid)

I also would like to know if the hack will work for JRSC. I'm at 6lb and would like to try this. For those who have tried it, will the JR enrichment relay need to be remove and will the IAT need to be at the intake manifold. Is it a must to buy OBD1, DSM, or RC clips? I have an SI and the IAT sensor is between the air filter and throttle body. What are your VAFC and fuel pressure settings?

Thanks

[Modified by GOKOU, 1:59 PM 6/11/2002]
Old 06-11-2002, 07:20 AM
Trial User

Default Re: AFC Hack w/jrsc (GOKOU)

I also would like to know if the hack will work for JRSC. I'm at 6lb and would like to try this. For those who have tried it, will the JR enrichment relay need to be remove and will the IAT need to be at the intake manifold. Is it a must to buy OBD1, DSM, or RC clips? I have an SI and the IAT sensor is between the air filter and throttle body. What are your VAFC and fuel pressure settings?
It works and works well on the JRSC. Leave the JR IAT relay in but if you have a MAP Mod you'll need to yank it in favor of the old IAT relay because the MAP Mod limits the MAP signal. Since the JR relay replaces the IAT signal under boost I don't think it's as big a deal to have the IAT not on the manifold as it would be as on a Hondata that is reading the true IAT signal. If you have OBD-II then you will need OBD-I, RC or DSM clips. My fuel pressures are stock (42/52 for GSR) and I run -32 narrow and ~-42 wide fuel trims and 30/70 throttle points but you'll want to dyno tune for your own wide throttle settings and use the "calibrating a modified fuel system" method to fine tune the narrow trim.

Only thing I see is if you're 6 PSI the trims might be different since you don't have to take out as much to prevent the MAP CEL but then it might not be an issue because these settings seem to be consistent between turbo/SC for different boost levels.
Old 06-12-2002, 04:58 AM

Default Re: AFC Hack w/jrsc (5 Liter Eater)

Thanks a lot. I'll leave the IAT sensor and the enrichment relay alone. It looks like I can get away with the IAT sensor being where it is now. Plus I don't know if I can move the IAT sensor without taking the enrichment relay out. Maybe it'll be something to try later on.

I guess its a must to buy OBD-I, RC, or DSM clips.

I wonder why people with SC are not trying this HACK. I guess most of them already have some sort of bandaid.
Old 06-17-2002, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AFC Hack w/jrsc (5 Liter Eater)

I have a JRSC on a 98 GSR and was looking to go the hack route. TO make the hack work, do I need to move my map sensor from its current location on the throttle body to somewhere on the manifold itself so the MAP will see boost? ALso, is there a good way to do this?
Old 06-17-2002, 12:05 PM
Trial User

Default Re: AFC Hack w/jrsc (H22coupe)

I have a JRSC on a 98 GSR and was looking to go the hack route. TO make the hack work, do I need to move my map sensor from its current location on the throttle body to somewhere on the manifold itself so the MAP will see boost? ALso, is there a good way to do this?
Exactly. I just made a block off plate to put over the hole in the TB where the MAP was with some sheet metal and ran a hose from the MAP to a port on the manifold that see's boost.