Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

smog ref won't inspect my car... SRS light non functional...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smog ref won't inspect my car... SRS light non functional...

Well, I went to the smog referee in an effort to legalize my B18C in my '92 CX this morning. They don't want to risk injury from a malfunctioning airbag which is completely understandable.

Unfortunately, I swapped in a GSR cluster (and sold off the EG one). I plugged in the yellow plug from the EG harness for SRS into the GSR cluster, but apparenlty the GSR SRS harness plug is wired/pinned differently. I have the GSR SRS plug and noticed it is the same as the EG plug, but has an extra wire (or maybe two... I'll check it tonight...) Anyone have any insights on how to wire up the SRS plug properly?

I was thinking of swapping my steering wheel for a something like a Momo or Sparco race wheel, but am unsure of the legal and insurance coverage implications. I may have to just borrow/buy an EG cluster for now...

Damn, I'm so close! I did a smog pre-test yesterday and passed well below all the emission limits...
Old 05-11-2004, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: smog ref won't inspect my car... SRS light non functional... (makibaka)

UPDATE: It ended up being a 2 minute fix. After consulting my DC2 and EH manuals, I found that the wires are opposite on the EG to GSR SRS plugs. I cut off the GSR SRS plug off my scrap DC2 harness tapped this plug into the EG SRS plug. I tapped the black to black, the blue to blue, and the yellow to black/yellow. The SRS light works fine now. I'll report back if there are any issues... Hope this helps anyone doing a GSR cluster swap wanting to maintain use of the SRS light.

If I had known that the smog ref would check for the SRS functionality, I would have been more thorough earlier (I'm using solderless taps now and am planning to repin the EG wires into the GSR plugs). Now I have to wait another couple weeks for my next appointment. And my registration is due next week