Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SRS light in EG with no airbags... WTF...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRS light in EG with no airbags... WTF...?

I installed my Si cluster today in my 94 CX... note it has no airbags. When I plugged it in today, there was a yellow plug behind the old cluster that had no where to plug into... but there's a spot for it on the Si cluster. I assume that's for the SRS light (which stayed on briefly tonight for some reason).

Why is that plug there? Do EG's without airbags have SRS control modules anyways? That plug must go to something that supplied the SRS light with power briefly tonight... I'm confused to say the least.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:50 PM

huh, that is messed up, with no wires going to it how can it come on?
thats liek me holding a lightbulb and having it light up
Old 07-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: SRS light in EG with no airbags... WTF...? (_Cyclone_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _Cyclone_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I installed my Si cluster today in my 94 CX... note it has no airbags. When I plugged it in today, there was a yellow plug behind the old cluster that had no where to plug into... but there's a spot for it on the Si cluster. I assume that's for the SRS light (which stayed on briefly tonight for some reason).

Why is that plug there? Do EG's without airbags have SRS control modules anyways? That plug must go to something that supplied the SRS light with power briefly tonight... I'm confused to say the least.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is 100% normal. All civics have a SRS prewired to the cluster. It is not prewired to the fuse box and severything else. Same thing happend with my Dx hatch when I put a Ex cluster in. Just don't plug the yellow connector in. Tape it out of the way and everything should be good. It comes on because it is not reciving a signal from the SRS system, so it thinks it broken and throws up the SRS warning light. Without power running to the SRS unit, the light will stay on as that is it's way to tell you that something is wrong with it and it needs to be fixed. Basicall it is a broken connection and creates a SRS warning. It operates in the same way as your check engine light. Just connect the two side harnesses and the green plug (tach) and you should be good to go.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Re: SRS light in EG with no airbags... WTF...? (Bond)

The tach is part of one of the side harnesses... the small green plug is for the cruise while the larger green plug is for the auto gear position light.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: SRS light in EG with no airbags... WTF...? (_Cyclone_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _Cyclone_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The tach is part of one of the side harnesses... the small green plug is for the cruise while the larger green plug is for the auto gear position light.</TD></TR></TABLE>

****!! Your right. I left the green and yellow connector out.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: SRS light in EG with no airbags... WTF...? (Bond)

Comes pre-wired but without the hardware.