Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Swap in 96 civic ex is running but have a few small questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Swap in 96 civic ex is running but have a few small questions

ok after like 2 months of like 1 day a week me and my friend finally got my swap running. It runs a little rough I am just wondering if I should just get the timing and valves adjusted. I changed the timing belt and the engine has about 50,000 on it I am using a del sol b16a tranny and act street clutch. Engine started right up no check engine lights or anything. I am just concerned with the vacuum lines I used the 96 ex civic wiring harness and where the injectors are there are a bunch of extra vacuum lines. Does anyone know where to get a diagram or picture of where all the vacuum lines plug in? I still need to put in my radiator fan and the shield over the tranny that covers the flywheel but I took it for a quick spin around my friends block and holy torque what a difference I didn't think I would notice that big of a difference but 3rd gear felt like 2nd did before pulls. haven't had it on a street yet to compare to other cars but I will soon I just want to get the flywheel cover on and the fan in. Please help me out I want my car back to drive. Thanks
oh also I am using my AEM cold air intake with this b18b someone told me the filter and piping is too small that I have to change it but I don't agree am I wrong? And I am using the gsr shift linkage and a delsol shifter with this combo and the b16a tranny my stick is far up and lower than before my friend said this will mess up the tranny is this true? gears are mad close together too. kinda nice hard to tell if your in neutral though. when I took it for a spin everything shifted fine. Should I upgrade the fuel pump too??Thanks

[Modified by OneSunkCivic, 6:12 PM 1/15/2002]