Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nobody Can help me???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nobody Can help me???

I posted this before but nobody responded I don't know if nobody knows or what let me know. ok after like 2 months of like 1 day a week me and my friend finally got my swap running. It runs a little rough I am just wondering if I should just get the timing and valves adjusted. I changed the timing belt and the engine has about 50,000 on it I am using a del sol b16a tranny and act street clutch. Engine started right up no check engine lights or anything. I am just concerned with the vacuum lines I used the 96 ex civic wiring harness and where the injectors are there are a bunch of extra vacuum lines. Does anyone know where to get a diagram or picture of where all the vacuum lines plug in or do you know where they all go? It's not going to be in a manual because I am using the civic harness and integra engine so I need someone that knows there stuff. I still need to put in my radiator fan and the shield over the tranny that covers the flywheel but I took it for a quick spin around my friends block and holy torque what a difference I didn't think I would notice that big of a difference but 3rd gear felt like 2nd did before it pulls. haven't had it on a street yet to compare to other cars but I will soon I just want to get the flywheel cover on and the fan in. Please help me out I want my car back to drive.
oh also I am using my AEM cold air intake from my d16y8 engine with this b18b someone told me the filter and piping is too small that I have to change it but I don't agree am I wrong? And I am using the gsr shift linkage and a delsol shifter with this combo and the b16a tranny my stick is far up and lower than before my friend said this will mess up the tranny is this true? it's mad close together too kinda nice hard to tell if your in neutral though. when I took it for a spin everything shifted fine. Should I upgrade the fuel pump too??Thanks
Old 01-18-2002, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Nobody Can help me??? (OneSunkCivic)

1. Do all the normal wear and tear stuff. Change cap and rotor, check valves, check spark plugs. Just normal things to maintain your motor.
2. Fuel pump is good to have especially when you have a b18c in a civic.
3. Your CAI is probably too small. No big deal, but you might really consider upgrading to a 3" pipe meant for a GSR/ITR motor.
4. I'm sure that the shifter problem that you mentioned will be fine. Never heard of any problems arising from that situation.

btw, do you have a LS or GSR motor?
Old 01-18-2002, 10:39 AM
New User

what kind of motor do u have?
Old 01-18-2002, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Nobody Can help me??? (fowler yo!)

oh sorry everyone I have a 97 integra LS engine with a 94 del sol tranny gsr shift linkage, and del sol shifter. I already changed the usual tune up parts it till runs rough. Please help I think it has to do with the vacuum lines the harness off my civic has vacuum lines on it like I said around the injectors. Please help thanks
Old 01-18-2002, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a hint from far left field!

try adjusting your Throttle Position Sensor so it reads 0.5 ohms when closed.

fixed my rough idle...

t..
Old 01-19-2002, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Nobody Can help me???

so nobody can help me out with these vacuum lines? I think that is the problem because there are more lines with the 96 civic ex harness than the ls harness has. and nobody knows about if I should upgrade the fuel pump? please help me out thanks