TPS and Hondata S300... - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

TPS and Hondata S300...

Old 10-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default TPS and Hondata S300...

I was told that I could get the readout of the TPS sensor via laptop connected to the S300 but I couldn't see this anywhere only throttle %. Asking cause I just want to make sure the sensor is set right and getting back there with multimeter probes is kinda a PITA. Thanks for any advice.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TPS and Hondata S300...

S300 is just mapping the voltage to a %. It should be using the standard values, although you can probably change them.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by minilogoguy18 View Post
I was told that I could get the readout of the TPS sensor via laptop connected to the S300 but I couldn't see this anywhere only throttle %. Asking cause I just want to make sure the sensor is set right and getting back there with multimeter probes is kinda a PITA. Thanks for any advice.
Throttle percentage should mimic TPS values. With KOEO WOT should be around 80-90% and closed your percentage should read around 0-4% The values vary between makes. If the voltage is incorrect you will notice drive ability problems. But you can make a correlation between the two values.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks, thought it would show me the same readout I would get with a multimeter like 0.5v at idle and 4.5v at WOT. It was actually spot on reading 0% at idle, I just wanted to rule this out as the slight hesitation I seem to be getting at like 2-5% throttle while cold but when warm it isn't there. Could be from the Euro R mani and lack of FITV even though the basemap from phearable runs the car great otherwise.

I actually set the TPS just by hitting the throttle and turning it until I got the best response, easier than people think without a multimeter.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:25 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by minilogoguy18 View Post
Thanks, thought it would show me the same readout I would get with a multimeter like 0.5v at idle and 4.5v at WOT. It was actually spot on reading 0% at idle, I just wanted to rule this out as the slight hesitation I seem to be getting at like 2-5% throttle while cold but when warm it isn't there. Could be from the Euro R mani and lack of FITV even though the basemap from phearable runs the car great otherwise.

I actually set the TPS just by hitting the throttle and turning it until I got the best response, easier than people think without a multimeter.
​​​​​​
Did you ever find out what the issue was? I actually am running the same setup on a used car I just purchased and I am having the same exact issue. I recalibrated with the s300s throttle interpolation readjustment because it was reading I think like 1% closed and 92% wide open and it slightly got better but it is still present. I know this is a dead thread but I would really appreciate any feedback. Thank you.