Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What Is this part called?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default What Is this part called?

94 Del sol B16a3. What is this mount or part called and would I need to jack up the tranny to put it back in?

Its on the passenger side there’s a brace on the transmission, then it leads to it with 3 big bolts and on the picture 3 there too, would I just be loosening the bolts on the mount pictured?

Old 10-31-2018, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 328 Likes on 308 Posts
Default Re: What Is this part called?

Right lower torque mount

Might help to support tranny weight with jack, but lifting should not be necessary.

You can remove entire mount/bracket assembly or just the mount itself.

Is the rubber broken? Looks intact in the pic.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks! So I can just remove the bolts in the pic and throw a new one on? No need to remove the bracket?

So basically it’s causing a squeak noise and there’s a good amount of movement in it. I don’t see the rubber chewed up too bad or anything but it’s just been getting on my nerves. Oh and I’ve been eating thru axles.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 328 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by White_EG1
Thanks! So I can just remove the bolts in the pic and throw a new one on? No need to remove the bracket?

So basically it’s causing a squeak noise and there’s a good amount of movement in it. I don’t see the rubber chewed up too bad or anything but it’s just been getting on my nerves. Oh and I’ve been eating thru axles.
Before you replace, check the torque on the mount bolts and nut and the bracket bolts.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:27 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 220 Likes on 197 Posts

Remove the large nut in the center (that is a part of the bracket, mounted to the block) and then the 2 bolts that secures that mount to the underframe. If the rubber portion isn't messed up, that may not be your issue/culprit.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And remember about condition of rubber on it ... if they are worn out You can remove bolts and use knife to unmount part
Old 11-01-2018, 08:17 AM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

You may find the large outside bolt is seized up on the stud and instead, the stud comes off the bracket, of which will shred the rubber in the mount if it's all still attached to the car.

More often than not I find you have to undo the two bolts holding the mount to the frame and undo the 2 or 4 bolts holding the bracket to the transmission/engine (passenger/driver side). Then when the stud comes out of the bracket it doesn't shred the mount and you can then file flat spots on the back flange of the stud for a vice. At this point you can then use a breaker bar to break the large nut free to replace the mount.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:23 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 220 Likes on 197 Posts

^^^ that's what I've dealt with too. It's worst when the mount is the original one from factory.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So actually I had to take the bracket off too because there’s a line on the frame rail that wouldn’t allow me to move the mount without the bracket moving.

But it wasnt the issue, mount was fine no rips.

It sounds really stupid but the problem was from a dc short ram intake, it has the bracket that bolts to the shock tower. But the intake was made for a integra and doesn’t line up. Long story short I wrapped some tape around it and no more noise.