Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

HOW TO remove rear mount?? or the T bracket.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HOW TO remove rear mount?? or the T bracket.

Sup all.

Im trying to add an Innovative mount on my brothers car but I cant figure out how to remove the T bracket. All the bolts are removed so its just sitting there, but is there a way to jimmy it out to remove it???

Also, any tips on removing the mount itself? I removed the passenger side corner bolt with ease, but its kinda hard to get to the driver side and front bolt.

I added inserts to my D-series and I dont recall if I had to remove the T bracket to get to the mount. Also, that was about a year ago so Im not really sure what I did.

Thanks!!
Old 01-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HOW TO remove rear mount?? or the T bracket.

You shouldn't have to take off the t mount. Take off the 3 bolts holding the mount and the one holding the t bracket to the mount off. The mount should just slide out.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmmm okay thats what I was thinking. So I just put the 14mm socket through the gap between teh front of the mount and t bracket?

Thanks for your response.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got all three 14mm bolts out, but it wont shimmy out. Do I have to remove the water line up top?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

im sure you're missing a few bolts. once all the bolts come off the bracket will fall out. make sure you have em all out
Old 01-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They are all out trust me. Its loose as fck but not enough room to slide out. Removing the mount is giving me a hard time.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've always removed the T-bracket to get the rear mount out. It is a pain in the ***. Maybe you are missing a bolt, check the parts diagram.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the diagram. I removed bolt 23, 23, 22, and 32. I just cant figure out how to jimmy it out. fuuuuuuuuuu
Old 01-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Arthas
Thanks for the diagram. I removed bolt 23, 23, 22, and 32. I just cant figure out how to jimmy it out. fuuuuuuuuuu
You are really in for some fun when you go to put it back...

Just use a screwdriver or something to pry it up enough to access the mount itself. Always worked for me..
Old 01-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SoTexDC2
You are really in for some fun when you go to put it back...

Just use a screwdriver or something to pry it up enough to access the mount itself. Always worked for me..
lol...
I just got pissed and started pulling it out with all my brute strength and it came off!! The new one went in with out a problem and all was done. Just had to raise and lower the motor to adjust the bolt holes but its done. Thanks all!!!!!

Huge difference when going from a busted OEM mount to an Innovative haha.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats funny i've never had a problem removing the rear t bracket or installing one. but glad you got it done
Old 01-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You have to remove the t bracket.. i replaced a rear motor mount in a buddies car with out removing the bracket but we put it in gear and started to let the clutch out to hike the motor up enough to jimmy the mount up. Lol
Old 04-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this thread isn't too old, so i hope i get a pass on reviving it.

i am currently pulling my rear mount on a 96 LS 5 speed. this thread has been helpful because of the diagram i am quoting, but unfortunately it is wrong.

Originally Posted by SoTexDC2
I've always removed the T-bracket to get the rear mount out. It is a pain in the ***. Maybe you are missing a bolt, check the parts diagram.

i just went to acura oem parts dot com and picked the 5 speed specifically and this same diagram appears (with different numbers). the problem is that the rear mount is held to the subframe (#3) by 3 bolts like #29 in the picture. they are 14mm bolts. two are at the rear of the mount on either side, and one is in the middle on the front side. all three of them are a PITA to remove, but i have done so already. i took out bolt #22 and three bolts like #29 holding the mount to the subframe.

now, my rear mount moves all around, but a coolant hose restricts it from coming out.

i am only half way through, but my prediction is that the t-bracket does not have to come out, and the intake manifold does not have to come out. i am going to remove the coolant hose from the firewall, and i believe that should give me enough room to remove the mount.

UPDATE:

i was wrong. there's just not enough room to get the mount out without loosening the t-bracket. it has to be angled toward the battery to create the space. i also removed the coolant to heater core switch/climate control cable to free up some more room.

Last edited by follie gatts; 04-15-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:40 PM
eight equals equals equals D

Received 99 Likes on 83 Posts

How are you guys getting at the 14mm bolts? I got the 17mm nut off using 2 jack handles put together (for a ~3' breaker bar). I'm having a hard time getting leverage on the 14mm bolts.

I'm hoping that if I take the smaller front torque mounts off and remove the center bolt from the rear mount, I should be able to rock the motor forward for more room to get at them.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tim2179
How are you guys getting at the 14mm bolts? I got the 17mm nut off using 2 jack handles put together (for a ~3' breaker bar). I'm having a hard time getting leverage on the 14mm bolts.

I'm hoping that if I take the smaller front torque mounts off and remove the center bolt from the rear mount, I should be able to rock the motor forward for more room to get at them.
i use a bicycle seat tube as a breaker bar. it's about 8 inches in length. i don't remember these bolts being so tight that i had trouble breaking them loose. i assume your intake tube has been removed. as i wrote above, i disconnected the climate control cable and switch to make some more space.

if you remove the front mounts, you might as well loosen all the mounts and put the motor on a jack.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:59 PM

I got all the 14mm bolts out except the driver side one... I've manage to do all this with the T bracket in place, but I think at this point I have no choice but to take it out. I can get a socket wrench on the bolt, but no way to budge it or get any leverage on it. FFFFUUUUUUU!!!

Has anyone been able to get that bolt out without removing any other parts? If so, I'm all ears.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by p28yaj
You shouldn't have to take off the t mount. Take off the 3 bolts holding the mount and the one holding the t bracket to the mount off. The mount should just slide out.
How are you getting at the driver's side bolt with the T-brace there? I can get a socket wrench on it, but am unable to budge that ****!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How are you getting at the driver's side bolt with the T-brace there? I can get a socket wrench on it, but am unable to budge that ****!
Remove the T-Bracket first, then remove the mount if you need to. A set of Universal Joints always helps.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:59 PM

I managed to get that drivers side bolt out w/the T-bracket in place... but couldn't shimmy that mount out. I took all the bolts off the t-bracket and am still having difficulty removing the mount - and the bracket for that matter. Now I have 2 pieces flopping around with *almost* enough room to get the mount out.

Question: the vent hose that is right above the rear mount - is that filled w/coolant? I'm thinking of taking it off to get the mount out, but am wondering if I'll need to drain the coolant first.

NM: got it. Didn't have to remove the vent hose. Just T-bracket and the vent cable/bracket.

Last edited by Tim2179; 07-22-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I managed to get that drivers side bolt out w/the T-bracket in place... but couldn't shimmy that mount out. I took all the bolts off the t-bracket and am still having difficulty removing the mount - and the bracket for that matter. Now I have 2 pieces flopping around with *almost* enough room to get the mount out.

Question: the vent hose that is right above the rear mount - is that filled w/coolant? I'm thinking of taking it off to get the mount out, but am wondering if I'll need to drain the coolant first.

NM: got it. Didn't have to remove the vent hose. Just T-bracket and the vent cable/bracket.
it sounds like you went through the same process as i did. glad to hear you're on your way.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the t bracket is a bitch. u have to remove all the bolts, and lift the engine around to get it out. at least that is what i did. god i never want to do that again.