Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NEED WINDOW HELP asaMFp

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED WINDOW HELP asaMFp

I was just getting ready to leave to go to work, and my windows (driver AND passenger) as well as my sunroof do not want to roll up or down. Just checked ALL fuses and all of them are good. This s wierd because everything was working fine before i cut the car off and i only went inside for like 30 minutes to get ready for work. Anybody have any ideas as to what it could be?

bone stock 94 honda civic ex coupe

Thanks guys
Old 03-23-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: NEED WINDOW HELP asaMFp (KraziCivicSi)

could be a faulty relay.
Honda-Tech Member

prolly motor went out...if you can take the door panel of and get somthing to hit the window motor it should work for a bit
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KraziCivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was just getting ready to leave to go to work, and my windows (driver AND passenger) as well as my sunroof do not want to roll up or down. Just checked ALL fuses and all of them are good. This s wierd because everything was working fine before i cut the car off and i only went inside for like 30 minutes to get ready for work. Anybody have any ideas as to what it could be?

Thanks guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

the switch is probably bad? have you had any type of hesitation or stalling with it lately?
Old 03-23-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: NEED WINDOW HELP asaMFp (philosofy1)

not at all...they all rolled up and down with no problem

when i was getting ready to go, i was rolling the passenger window down, it wouldnt. i thought it was wierd, so i tried my driver window...nothing.

tried the sunroof...no go...

where would the relay be? my EF has manual windows so i dont have to worry about this. so dont know where they would be

btw...

when i try the sunroof...i can hear a *click*...im guessing thats where the relay for the sunroof is?

i hear nothing when i try the windows
Old 03-24-2007, 01:28 AM

one more thing that i noticed...the locks will not lock either. i have to push them manually with my hand.

anything?
Old 03-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KraziCivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was just getting ready to leave to go to work, and my windows (driver AND passenger) as well as my sunroof do not want to roll up or down. Just checked ALL fuses and all of them are good. This s wierd because everything was working fine before i cut the car off and i only went inside for like 30 minutes to get ready for work. Anybody have any ideas as to what it could be?

Thanks guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

well it's prolly not any of your motors because the chances of both windows and sunroof blowing all at once are extremely thin. and the fact that your locks aren't working either prolly has little to do with the motors burning out. it's prolly some sort of power delivery problem. it's either a fuse or some main electrical relay. i'd check ALL of your fuses with a meter...not by eye!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:01 AM

Default Re: NEED WINDOW HELP asaMFp (jz98ctr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jz98ctr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well it's prolly not any of your motors because the chances of both windows and sunroof blowing all at once are extremely thin. and the fact that your locks aren't working either prolly has little to do with the motors burning out. it's prolly some sort of power delivery problem. it's either a fuse or some main electrical relay. i'd check ALL of your fuses with a meter...not by eye! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha! Funny you should say that. Pulled out the multimeter and checked everything...
Traced it back to the "OPTION" fuse in the engine bay. Sure enough it was blown. Snatched up an extra i had laying around and hooked it up. Windows and sunroof are working, my car alarm works like normal now (it used to not sound off when arming/disarming), and rear defroster works. Even though I did what you said before i checked h/t... Thanks a bunch fellas