Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Window won't work

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window won't work

Hey guys,

I have had this problem for quite some time now, and I figured I would ask about it while I had my door panel off. My passenger side window will not roll down (power windows) if you try it from the passenger side. It will only go down if you do it from the drivers side. It used to work, but all of a sudden didn't work one day. The safety switch is not activated on the drivers side (I am not that stupid). And when you do roll it down from the drivers side and press the button on the passenger side, it does stop the window.. so, I know that it still recognizes the switch. I have also tried swaping out the switches and that doesn't help so I am pretty sure it is a wiring problem. The last guy that had the car ripped out the system and screwed over all the wires. Both windows go slow as hell when I try rolling them down. I would almost rather have crank windows. I am pretty sure spraying silicone won't help that much either.

Anyway, and help with trying to get my window working again would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Patrick
Old 03-10-2004, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Window won't work (Xerxes3333)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Xerxes3333 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys,

The last guy that had the car ripped out the system and screwed over all the wires. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Please explain this further in depth..
Old 03-10-2004, 04:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i also recently had a problem with my windows, but the proble was the driver side and it wouldnt roll up. my problem was the window was off the tracking inside the door. i had to take of the panel and loosen the traking towards the front of the door, then put the window back in the track.(major pain in the butt but helped A LOT) if that is your problem glad i could help if not, not sure what it is and hope you fix it soon
Old 03-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Window won't work (DOHC4life)

Well, mine won't roll up or down. It is not off the tracking cause it works fine if I roll it up or down on the driver's side.

The guy that ripped the system out screwed up the wires cause my speakers are kinda sketchy on the passanger side, the mirror will only move left and right on the passanger side, and the window is messed up. Yeah, I hate whoever owned my car last.

Also, sorry if I don't reply for a while.. I am still a trial member and I think I can only post a certain number of times (being a trial member sucks).
Old 03-10-2004, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm yeah, it's a wiring problem definitely. and those go pretty into depth and are hard to explain over the net. you'll have to grab a digital multimeter and test the wires. you basically need to get a helms manual and follow the color wire and hard wire it or repair the broken wire to have a complete circuit to the passenger window switch. same with the mirror.