Magnaflow Muffler
Spearco FMIC
Megan Racing BOV
RC 550cc Injectors
Walboro 255lph Fuel Pump
Hondata Engine Management
Custom Clutch

Running 7psi, 267whp.

I am learning about hondas, this is my first one. What should be some of the first things I do? I want to make sure its reliable, and I was reading somewhere the compression on a b16 eventualy becomes a problem higher boosts. I am deff wanting to turn the boost up once I get the appropriate parts on. What should I be looking for, as far as the block/head and fuel supply goes? Thanks!
Old 01-23-2007, 03:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: First post, lol First Question (Gutling)

Sounds like you could use some suspension and brake upgrades so you can put that power to good use.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: First post, lol First Question (AntiochOG)

Have some, was just listing engine relative stuff.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:49 AM
GarageAlchemist

well, you can get a b16 longblock pretty cheap, i'd get a spare, and rebuild it. sleeves, pistons, rods, machine work, full head work, then swap that with the stock tired b16

or.. just make sure that b16 is tuned. A well tuned engine will last a lot longer than a 4k super jdm build with a pos tune
Old 01-23-2007, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: First post, lol First Question (GarageAlchemist)

It was tuned very good when the turbo was installed. No problems with it now, just wondering what kind of parts do I need to run higher boost. Headgasket, rods, pistons, headbolts, etc.

Also some quick technical questions... What ngk plugs should i be using, the 99-00si ones? Factory heat range or colder/hotter? And what is a good safe rpm to shift at, remember the engine/head is all factory. One of the first things I was going to do was the head, a nice set of cams, valvesprings, etc. What are some of the better parts to do this with? Last one, what are some of the best sites for parts? Lol I know its a lot but thank you all again!
Old 01-23-2007, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gutling &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It was tuned very good when the turbo was installed. No problems with it now, just wondering what kind of parts do I need to run higher boost. Headgasket, rods, pistons, headbolts, etc.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GarageAlchemist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sleeves, pistons, rods, machine work, full head work, then swap that with the stock tired b16
or.. just make sure that b16 is tuned. A well tuned engine will last a lot longer than a 4k super jdm build with a pos tune</TD></TR></TABLE>

what he said will help you with higher boost. If you're asking which ones to get then be more specific! lol
Old 01-23-2007, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: First post, lol First Question (bpkmrtoes)

I'd definiatly lower the compression before going over 7psi on any stock Type R motor.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: First post, lol First Question (93CX)

Okay, whats some of the best ways/parts to lower compression. I am getting a complete engine gasket kit (gaskets/rings/valvestem seals etc) and going to have the motor rebuilt. Just a practice of mine when I get a new car. What pistons should I look at? What about headgasket, factory size, larger/smaller? what should I be looking at for the head, whats some good name valve springs, retainers, cams. Im not new to building a turbo motor, just to honda. I dont know some of the tested/proven good parts, what works what doesnt kind of things. Thanks again all for help!
Old 01-23-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: First post, lol First Question (GarageAlchemist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GarageAlchemist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, you can get a b16 longblock pretty cheap, i'd get a spare, and rebuild it. sleeves, pistons, rods, machine work, full head work, then swap that with the stock tired b16
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought the b16b was a de-stroked itr, not the same casting as the common b16a(X). You can't just swap them straight across, can you?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rods-manley
pistons-cp
i would also recemend in getting it sleved and also geting a crank case vent kit(enidine) and also a 3 bar map sensor . and if you plan on running more boost you might wanna invest in some springs and retainers(oem type r one will work fine , ive know of people makeing over 500 on them)
Old 01-24-2007, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (deryck324)

How are skunk 2 as far as valve train goes? springs/retainers/cams/valves.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there ok , is this going to be a daily driven street car or a weekend street car and mostly drag raced?