Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

** The offical 96-00 civic 4dr thread ** PART 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ** The offical 96-00 civic 4dr thread ** PART 2

Very nice, I love fogs. Mine aren't OEM. but there Ebay ones and they are awesome. they are brighter than my buddys stock RSX headlights lol...

Mine before I sold the rims which were 17's it was only 4" or so from the ground, my exhaust piping was like 3" lol. Now I have 15's but they are not mounted yet, it's gonna be ridiculously low. I will probably have to adjust my coils lol. I love low cars, but my lip isin't OEM so it isint urethane and easliy broken.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks moose and vick for info
Old 07-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by db8int3gra
My 98' Civic Lx...... My Daily Commuter Car..... saves me GAS.

Few questions for you. Do you need a stereo kit to mount the 2nd radio in the cup holders or does it go right in? Will the radio only fit in those flip up cup holders? Do both radio work? how are they wired? TIA.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No...you do not need a radio kit. The Cd Deck ONLY fit on the Flip Flop cup holders and the JDM Type R one as well. Both are not wired up.....but if you want to wire both together it is possibly, but I can't find the source, I seen it done before.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks. I might try it. I want to keep my stock radio with cassette and add a cd player.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

One thing I like about putting it down there is it Looks like Factory. Plus with the Flip cover I can hide the deck easily plus people think I still got a stock radio. And I be bumpin' some HIGHS.... on a stock deck..... LOL
Old 07-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

like he said u dont need a kit for the deck to work on the lower din. i did this on my old ek when i was going for that racer look and i covered everything up top with carbon fiber sheets. the harness can easily be pulled down to connect to the deck in the lower din.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm already planning to get the SiR Lip..... definitely going to give that front end a face lift. Maybe fogs....going to see how it looks first.

Lowering the car....... No disrespect and all, but I kinda hate scapin' and having to deal with the speed bumps moving left and right and all. My bro got a Slammed 4dr like mines. I drive his car sometimes and it just gets annoying for me. No doubt...... DROP car looks hella nice, but maybe in the future or something.
is this brian's old car?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't know.... bought this car from a Insurance Company... when i first got it. It was rollin' on stock steelies and the paint was just dull in need of a WAX, so I got to it and now it SHINES. Still got the ORIGINAL paint...
Old 07-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So...I have a friend who can paint REALLY well (he did his Civic and it look GREAT, it was a non OEM blue pearl color)...$500 if I help him prep it...so I'm trying to decide to do it or not...and what to do if I do it...jams/engine bay, more work and more paint...so we have our choices, what do y'all think (all OEM Honda colors )

Passion Orange (Yes it is a OEM Honda color, Phil. only )
Championship White
Deep *** Purple (Dark Amethyst Pearl - yes I know it's been done on here, and that's where I got it from, I LOVE it)
Iced Teal Pearl

OR, the original car color

Inza Pearl Red

I honestly can't decided, I like them all SO much! HELP PLEASE

Otherwise, I might be able to have my Grandpa do it (but he's a perfectionist and it'll take him 6 months to paint it LOL)
Old 07-11-2009, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^red would look nice.

Originally Posted by Moosecakes
Very nice, I love fogs. Mine aren't OEM. but there Ebay ones and they are awesome. they are brighter than my buddys stock RSX headlights lol...

Mine before I sold the rims which were 17's it was only 4" or so from the ground, my exhaust piping was like 3" lol. Now I have 15's but they are not mounted yet, it's gonna be ridiculously low. I will probably have to adjust my coils lol. I love low cars, but my lip isin't OEM so it isint urethane and easliy broken.
I'm planing to ditch my 17" also but wouldn't fatty tires bring you the same hight?
Old 07-11-2009, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Seminole: you should do the sunburst yellow color they have in the phillipines. I love that color..

Port: He can be driving, and get on it and the temp goes down into the cold when its obviously heating up under load. Then when he stops at a stop light, it warms back up a little bit. His fans don't kick on at all either, so ill check on the thermostat today. If the thermostat is the correct temp, then
what?

Picked up the custom paint for my wheels, and the gallon of clear and activator + thinner yesterday. Big thanks to the people at the carquest paint place. Spraying this stuff is going to be fun oh and im getting the slab for my carport done this coming week. No more working on my car sitting on wet clay. Sedan was supposed to be prepped and trailered to be sprayed today, but I had to pick up an extra 20 hrs at work this week since someone quit. Oh wells..

Last edited by Sundown; 07-11-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by viskii420
if you boosting there is no need for vtec head. Just change the intake manifold to y8 or aftermarket.

Mike: yeah i do have adjustable cam gear. Its retarded 4.5 degree to match the obd1 ecu.
vick - what would happen if you set your cam back to 0? if its off a few degrees, the CYP sensor is expecting a signal and at high R's it might not be seeing what it wants and trigger a fault code. or how is your timing belt tension? is the tension preload at stock spec?

My 98' Civic Lx...... My Daily Commuter Car..... saves me GAS.
good lookin car!

Originally Posted by Sir Ash
thanks moose and vick for info
yea same here, i love when you guys talk about interesting things.

Originally Posted by Seminole
So...I have a friend who can paint REALLY well (he did his Civic and it look GREAT, it was a non OEM blue pearl color)...$500 if I help him prep it...so I'm trying to decide to do it or not...and what to do if I do it...jams/engine bay, more work and more paint...so we have our choices, what do y'all think (all OEM Honda colors )

Passion Orange (Yes it is a OEM Honda color, Phil. only )
Championship White
Deep *** Purple (Dark Amethyst Pearl - yes I know it's been done on here, and that's where I got it from, I LOVE it)
Iced Teal Pearl

OR, the original car color

Inza Pearl Red

I honestly can't decided, I like them all SO much! HELP PLEASE

Otherwise, I might be able to have my Grandpa do it (but he's a perfectionist and it'll take him 6 months to paint it LOL)
i'de say take it to you grandpa
Originally Posted by Sundown
Port: He can be driving, and get on it and the temp goes down into the cold when its obviously heating up under load. Then when he stops at a stop light, it warms back up a little bit. His fans don't kick on at all either, so ill check on the thermostat today. If the thermostat is the correct temp, then
what?

Picked up the custom paint for my wheels, and the gallon of clear and activator + thinner yesterday. Big thanks to the people at the carquest paint place. Spraying this stuff is going to be fun oh and im getting the slab for my carport done this coming week. No more working on my car sitting on wet clay. Sedan was supposed to be prepped and trailered to be sprayed today, but I had to pick up an extra 20 hrs at work this week since someone quit. Oh wells..
well it sounds to me like the temp sensor is working properly, as your rpms and velocity increase the amount of heat displaced by the cooling system increases. for example have you ever noticed if you sit in one spot for a long time the temp will slowly creep up, but after you tap the revs or get to rolling and passing air past the radiator fins the temp drops. it is entirely possible for a car to run to cold, a couple of cheap things you could do just to get out of the way is replace the thermostat and radiator cap, i don't know what kind of setup your friend is running but if he needs he can also try a slightly hotter tstat maybe a 180 - 190. at any rate, it sounds to me like the fault is in the cooling system, not the cooling system indicator...

and great news on the paint! man this thread has such productive contributors, love it.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by viskii420
haha d00d, you gotta make the E look like an I
Old 07-11-2009, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol.. that would be sweet. I have to admit there is not alot you can do with sohcs valve covers. Not enough space in my opinion. But down the road if she treats me right, i get smth like this "different color".

T stands for *******.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Viskii, that's a good point. I'm gonna run either a 45 or a 50 profile tire so you might be right, I hope it lowers it a little more lol, I'm too poor to afford GC/Koni suspension.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

One thing I like about putting it down there is it Looks like Factory. Plus with the Flip cover I can hide the deck easily plus people think I still got a stock radio. And I be bumpin' some HIGHS.... on a stock deck..... LOL
lol. thats what Im thinking about.

Originally Posted by battle951sedan
like he said u dont need a kit for the deck to work on the lower din. i did this on my old ek when i was going for that racer look and i covered everything up top with carbon fiber sheets. the harness can easily be pulled down to connect to the deck in the lower din.
Do you have a pic of the carbon fiber cover? Is there a bin that replaces the whole stock radio location for the 99-00 center console?
Old 07-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://passwordjdm.com/JDM-DC-94-01-...P1067C165.aspx

Here it is on PWJDM.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Sir Ash
Few questions for you. Do you need a stereo kit to mount the 2nd radio in the cup holders or does it go right in? Will the radio only fit in those flip up cup holders? Do both radio work? how are they wired? TIA.
I'm guessing he only has the radio down there because he has keyless entry/factory security system, which requires the OEM deck still be in the car. Otherwise, it's just dumb to put a radio down there. Not very friendly position to operate it.

As far as wiring, he probably has the METRA aftermarket radio harness tapped into his OEM harness so both system can be connected.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SiR:Mallard
I'm guessing he only has the radio down there because he has keyless entry/factory security system, which requires the OEM deck still be in the car. Otherwise, it's just dumb to put a radio down there. Not very friendly position to operate it.

As far as wiring, he probably has the METRA aftermarket radio harness tapped into his OEM harness so both system can be connected.

No I do not have a factory alarm system its aftermarket. Everyone got their own perferences I personally like it down there easy for me to operate. Wanna keep everything Look OEM.

I originally thought about putting a block off plate where the stock deck is. Hmmm......
Old 07-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Moosecakes
thanks moose. pretty expensive for a piece of plastic. I was hoping there was just a bin to replace the whole piece and use it as a compartment.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...Q5fAccessories

This one ain't CB but it still a block off.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No I do not have a factory alarm system its aftermarket. Everyone got their own perferences I personally like it down there easy for me to operate. Wanna keep everything Look OEM.

I originally thought about putting a block off plate where the stock deck is. Hmmm......
Why have it down there and why block off prime dash real-estate with a block off plate? What do you do when you have a drink in your cup holder? I really don't understand your thinking process? I guess if you wanted a CD player or something and really wanted to keep everything OEM, you would put the OEM CD player down there, which is what honda intended that space for. How about a CD changer? The OEM changer wont take up that space at all as it's in the trunk.

Last edited by SiR:Mallard; 07-11-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A big flip down bin would be awesome! So nice for wallet, cell phone, CD's **** like that. Well I found my wheel paint! Gonna start today stripping them hopefully, I'll post pics of progress.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good morning everyone.

I did some decals for my wheels and would like honest pos. or neg. feedback.
and some Critique on the following:

Colors
Design/lettering
Decal itself ( I was planning on making 4DOOR MAFIA instead, ran out $$ and these decals were a trial set for either label. I'd like the decals to appear more boldly/stretched but legible.)

Quick Reply: ** The offical 96-00 civic 4dr thread ** PART 2