To those that have put your ecu into limp mode with too much boost for the map...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To those that have put your ecu into limp mode with too much boost for the map...

What does it feel like? Does the ecu throw a code and have to be reset, or does it go away the instant you let off the boost and drive fine otherwise?

I have a vafc and the settings graduate from -42% at idle to -34% past 6k rpm with a 1 degree countdown per 1k rpm inbetween. I am asking because I have a obd0 1.6 liter with turbo using vafc with 450's and a wastegate set to 7.5 pounds, and when I hit full boost the car wants to suddenly not accelerate anymore in a smooth but instant manner. It feels like someone is cutting the throttle but not in that jerky "take your foot off the gas" way, its very smooth but instantaneous right at full boost.

It only happens right as I hear my wg open at 7 psi, which just so happens to be a tial without a return tube attached yet. It makes me wonder if I am sucking back in my exhaust out of the wastegate when it opens since my filter is nearby, and maybe that is why it feels like such a massive but smooth transfer into not wanting to accelerate any further.

Can you guys tell me what happens when you make the ecu go into limp mode so I have a better idea why this is happening in the meantime, before I try seeing if it goes away once I have a return pipe done for the wg.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: To those that have put your ecu into limp mode with too much boost for the map... (Just Checking

The ECU stays in limp mode until it is reset.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:31 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: To those that have put your ecu into limp mode with too much boost for the map... (Just Checking

[QUOTE=Just Checking In}

Can you guys tell me what happens when you make the ecu go into limp mode so I have a better idea why this is happening in the meantime, before I try seeing if it goes away once I have a return pipe done for the wg.[/QUOTE]

i had a similar problem.. what size injectors are you running?? when i was street tuning it i had bypass valves on the map sensor to bleed off some of the excess boost.. its going into limp mode b/c the map sensor is seeing a postive reading.. lower it down from the -34 and see if it stops.. if not put a bypass valve on it and try it out..

i no longer have the bypass valves on and havent gone to limp mode in a while since running off the wastegate spring