Notices

Sleeving blocks for more boost?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sleeving blocks for more boost?

Ok. right now I'm running 6psi on stock internals daily driver etc. I am still new at the upgrades required in running more boost. I want to keep my d-series. I know some of the things needed in the block and head.

Forged pistons, rings, rods and i heard 9.0.1 is good for turbo at high boost.
No for sleeving the block is that to make the cylinder walls thicker? and when you do that do most pistons fit because obviously they are going to be smaller holes.
Forged crank maybe?
As for the block thats what know.

Head.
Zex cams?
Bigger Valves,Retainers springs?
Machined head is that to clean it or bore it out?

I know i sound like a complete idiot and i have searched im just looking for more specific awnsers so point me in the right direction on this.

Basically I want to run more boost but by a block and a head and build it up in my garage and then slap it in when its all finished. I'm am just trying to find out what is required and recommended to upgrade and what to use.

Thanks H-T

Derrick
Old 01-31-2005, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sleeving blocks for more boost? (civproject14)

Okay I think I understood what you wrote but it was hard. Sleeving the block bascially makes the cylinder walls a lot stronger. That is the simpliest way I can put it.

As far as the size of the "holes" cylinder walls you can have your sleeves bored out to whatever size. Be it 81.5mm or 84.5 mm then get the correct size piston.

I hope you know it is not that simple to just build a motor and slap it together in your garage.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Sleeving blocks for more boost? (underpressure02)

As I'm reading it seems very difficult, but just like everything I've done with my car since there is no one really around here that knows honda's or imports for that matter the scene sucks. So I'll just have to figure it out it just seems all confusing just like when i first started reading about turbo's etc. But thanks to H-T ive learned and will.