Notices

prelude after turbo install problems!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prelude after turbo install problems!

ok here we go. i peiced together a turbo kit for my 97 prelude and after puttin it on with stock injectors no fmu and a neo it ran. but shitty and felt like there was no boost. so i put in rc550's and have the neo for fuel manage. after puttin on the rc's it started running like ****. it idles ok, and revs ok but it only does that while in nuetral. when i put in in 1st and let off the clutch a little it starts to bog out and will die sometimes. any ideas of what could be the problem. heres a list of what i have on it.

turbonetics t3/t04e w/stage 3 wheel
treadstone log mani
godspeed fmic
rc550's
apexi neo
missing link
and a walbro 255 lph that i havnt installed yet.

any ideas? i need help. also i have talked to my tuner about it and he recommended that i got it fixed first before i brought it in for the tuning if i didnt want to pay the extra for him to figure out what is wrong with it. also he told me to check the ohms on the injectors to see if they were low impedence but i checked and theyre around 12 or 13, but dont remember the exact number i just know they werent low. thanks
Old 10-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: prelude after turbo install problems! (ebizzle361)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ebizzle361 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok here we go. i peiced together a turbo kit for my 97 prelude and after puttin it on with stock injectors no fmu and a neo it ran. but shitty and felt like there was no boost. so i put in rc550's and have the neo for fuel manage. after puttin on the rc's it started running like ****. it idles ok, and revs ok but it only does that while in nuetral. when i put in in 1st and let off the clutch a little it starts to bog out and will die sometimes. any ideas of what could be the problem. heres a list of what i have on it.

turbonetics t3/t04e w/stage 3 wheel
treadstone log mani
godspeed fmic
rc550's
apexi neo
missing link
and a walbro 255 lph that i havnt installed yet.

any ideas? i need help. also i have talked to my tuner about it and he recommended that i got it fixed first before i brought it in for the tuning if i didnt want to pay the extra for him to figure out what is wrong with it. also he told me to check the ohms on the injectors to see if they were low impedence but i checked and theyre around 12 or 13, but dont remember the exact number i just know they werent low. thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

there are your problems.
all that aside, is the missing link installed correctly?
Old 10-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: prelude after turbo install problems! (boostedcivicsir)

dude, you are dumping in more than twice the amount of fuel with those injectors. you got to get some kind of engine managment.

hondata ftw
Old 10-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: prelude after turbo install problems! (Fo-Do Fanatic)

i though you could control the fuel with the neo? i made sure that when i installed the missing link the part i put down was the side you cant blow through? is that correct? and so the neo wont work for a fuel manage? i thought it could? but i need an engine management also? as in hondata or emanage? if i do get hondata i need an obd1 ecu right? thanks n also can i get some suggestions on exactly what i would need.....thanks
Old 10-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get an hondata s300, it comes with everything you need so you dont need to buy any add-on equipment like the s100 or 200. you need to have that so you can mess with your fuel maps and timing maps, thats what tuning does. and it will make the longivity of your motor a lot better
Old 10-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so no obd1 ecu or nothing like that?
Old 10-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ebizzle361 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so no obd1 ecu or nothing like that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

ya you will need that and a OBD2a or OBDb to OBD1 depending on what OBD2 you have. and you'll need to get any obd1 ecu, like a p28 or something of that sort.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah ditch that fmu and get a chipped ecu. use an obd2-obd1 harness.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: prelude after turbo install problems! (boostedcivicsir)

FIRST OFF YOU NEED TO INSTALL THE 255 FUEL BUMP BUT MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE TO GET A INLINE255 HI PRESSURE PUMP SO YOU DONT HAVE TO TAKE THE OTHER ONE OUT THE HIGH PRESSURE PUMP WILL SUPPLY THE GAS NEEDED WHILE BOOSTING ALSO THE MISSING LINK HELPS YOU BECAUSE ON A STOCK N/A MOTOR THE ATMOSPHRIC PRESSURE IS AROUND 85 PERCENT WHEN YOU TURBO A CAR THAT PRESSURE IS ABOUT 120 PERSENT SO THAT MAKES THE ORIGINAL MAP SENSOR GO CRAZY IT DOSE NOT UNDERSTAND BOOST ALSO YOUR TUNING IS VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE THE FIRST TIME THE MOTOR DETINATES YOU WILL BLOW THE RING GLANDS AROUN THE PISTON AND POSSABLY CRACK THE BLOCK I DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODYS SAYS ABOUT CLOSED DECK OR OPEN DECK MOTORS THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO WITHSTAND THE HEAT OF WHICH A TURBO CAN PRODUCE IF YOU WANT MY OPINION SLEEVE YOU BLOCK WITH CAST IRON SLEEVES THEY RETAIN ALOT OF HEAT AND FIND A SET OF FORGED LOW COMPRESSION PISTONS AND RODS
Old 11-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: prelude after turbo install problems! (samowen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by samowen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FIRST OFF YOU NEED TO INSTALL THE 255 FUEL BUMP BUT MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE TO GET A INLINE255 HI PRESSURE PUMP SO YOU DONT HAVE TO TAKE THE OTHER ONE OUT THE HIGH PRESSURE PUMP WILL SUPPLY THE GAS NEEDED WHILE BOOSTING ALSO THE MISSING LINK HELPS YOU BECAUSE ON A STOCK N/A MOTOR THE ATMOSPHRIC PRESSURE IS AROUND 85 PERCENT WHEN YOU TURBO A CAR THAT PRESSURE IS ABOUT 120 PERSENT SO THAT MAKES THE ORIGINAL MAP SENSOR GO CRAZY IT DOSE NOT UNDERSTAND BOOST ALSO YOUR TUNING IS VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE THE FIRST TIME THE MOTOR DETINATES YOU WILL BLOW THE RING GLANDS AROUN THE PISTON AND POSSABLY CRACK THE BLOCK I DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODYS SAYS ABOUT CLOSED DECK OR OPEN DECK MOTORS THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO WITHSTAND THE HEAT OF WHICH A TURBO CAN PRODUCE IF YOU WANT MY OPINION SLEEVE YOU BLOCK WITH CAST IRON SLEEVES THEY RETAIN ALOT OF HEAT AND FIND A SET OF FORGED LOW COMPRESSION PISTONS AND RODS </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol you started good then you fucked up......... anyway you need to get a walbro 255, Hondata or some other kind of real management, GM or Motec 3Bar map sensor, then take it to a tuner to let them work their magic.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so i ended up getting a stage4 hondata from my tuner for 250 installed and socketed. he put it onthe dyno and tried to tune but my seals are bad. so im trying to get the seals replaced and im talking to a guy on here outta miami. after that i will let yall know whats up on the sheet and all that. i appreciate the help.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just for future reference, 550cc's are too large of an injector for a neo to control decently. Typically you don't want to go past 440cc with that controller.