Notices

moroso oil pan level

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2001, 01:24 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moroso oil pan level

I've got a 99 Civic Si with a custom turbo kit. I installed a newly rebuilt (by Majestic) t3/t4 turbo in September. Around the beginning of October it blew the oil seals out. I sent it back for them to rebuild it. I installed it tonight, and after two hours of driving already have a significant amount of oil in my IC piping.

I've got a 4AN oil feed line coming from a T on the back of my block (at the oil pressure sender), and a 10AN oil drain line. The drain line is straight to my oil pan. I've tested it and there are no obstructions.

So I'm wondering why the hell this is happening. I bought my Moroso oil pan used with no instructions or documentation and I'm wondering if maybe I just have too much oil. I believe I have 5.5 quarts (with a new oil filter installed). Does the stock dip stick accurately measure the level with this oil pan?

If the stock dip stick is indeed correct.. does anyone else have any explanation why this could be happening? I'm about to give up
Old 11-03-2001, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: moroso oil pan level (JohnShaft)

John,
excuse the stupid question.. but I too have a morosso oil pan. The instructions don't say anything about reading the dip stick differently. My question though is .. there are 2 plugs in the front of the oil pan. You are using the top one on the corner of the oil pan near the crank pulley right??? If you are the oil pan should not be the problem.
Old 11-03-2001, 09:54 AM
New User

Default Re: moroso oil pan level (GSRev)

Yeah, I'm using the top one. I forgot to mention that.