Notices

MF2

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MF2

I think I have decided to get the mf2 instead of an inline pump fmu, etc...... So for those ofyou that have it I would like some feedback? It would be appreciated!! And for those of you who think that I shouldnt get the mf2, please tell me why. The time to start ordering the fuel system is coming closer. And remember with your suggestions, I am on a budget here, nothing to crazy!! THanks
Old 02-04-2002, 10:46 PM
New User

Default Re: MF2 (SlowB16)

I like the mf2 because I dont trust fmu's and high fuel pressure. I like the ability to adjust your fueling needs by 1000rpm increments, by simply turning the adjustment pots in the mf2.

Sure, you could use an AFC to do the same thing with a pump/fmu setup but not all of us can afford an AFC.

If u have an MF2 you'll need a lightshow a/f gauge of some sort. That way you can roughly tune. For example, say I wanted to tune the fuel for 8psi at 4000rpm. I'd turn the 4k pot 3/4 (or more, just as long you are rich) and floor it at 4k while watching the a/f gauge very closely. If you are green all the way through the rpm range then I'd continously make WOT runs in that range while incrementally turning down the fuel until you hit stoich or lean. Then up the fuel pot a notch and consider yourself roughly tuned.

Not very accurate but if you can't go to a dyno it'll do. I'd recommend hitting a dyno and spending a couple hundred to get properly tuned though. People tend to get boost happy with a new turbo setup and end up melting something soon after.

but with the money spent on a pump, fmu, injectors, and an afc. you might as well buy a Hondata. I believe the mf2 will do u well for the time being.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MF2 (Pritos)

I like the mf2 because I dont trust fmu's and high fuel pressure. I like the ability to adjust your fueling needs by 1000rpm increments, by simply turning the adjustment pots in the mf2.

Sure, you could use an AFC to do the same thing with a pump/fmu setup but not all of us can afford an AFC.

If u have an MF2 you'll need a lightshow a/f gauge of some sort. That way you can roughly tune. For example, say I wanted to tune the fuel for 8psi at 4000rpm. I'd turn the 4k pot 3/4 (or more, just as long you are rich) and floor it at 4k while watching the a/f gauge very closely. If you are green all the way through the rpm range then I'd continously make WOT runs in that range while incrementally turning down the fuel until you hit stoich or lean. Then up the fuel pot a notch and consider yourself roughly tuned.

Not very accurate but if you can't go to a dyno it'll do. I'd recommend hitting a dyno and spending a couple hundred to get properly tuned though. People tend to get boost happy with a new turbo setup and end up melting something soon after.

but with the money spent on a pump, fmu, injectors, and an afc. you might as well buy a Hondata. I believe the mf2 will do u well for the time being.
Hmmm...well I have an MF2 as well and I know for a fact that tuning is not that simple, First of all, the MF2 will not send signal to the injectors unless the map sensor detects boost...so if you have a like a t3/t4 turbo, that means you have to actually drive the car and boost to monitor the AF ratio. Then stop to tune it...I've heard of some people buying long serial cables so that the can mount the unit inside their cars, but it still means that you have tune as you drive....

Second, the manual for these things are so vague, that your're pretty much on your own with trying to figure out what each pot does. I barely turn one of them up and now my car runs waaay too rich.

I may be selling mine soon, so if you're interested send me mail and make an offer....I need to investigate some stand alones first but I think I have made up my mind....

[Modified by MiraiZ, 7:40 PM 2/5/2002]
Old 02-05-2002, 01:44 AM
New User

Default Re: MF2 (MiraiZ)

....I need to investigate some stand alones first but I think I have made up my mind....
Hmm FC maybe..?
Old 02-05-2002, 01:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MF2 (JDM_DOHC_SiR)

maybe.. I need injectors!!!
Old 02-05-2002, 11:24 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I run the MF2 and honostly I love it so far. Its been working PERFECT for me. The secret w/ this things is tuning. I know of people that run 12psi daily on a stock SI w/ a well tuned MF2.

Mine right now is tuned from FMAX, so I'm running rich, but its still running real strong. I will be hopefully getting it dyno tuned this weekend, so after that I'll be able to give you feedback on how hard/easy it is to adjust.

Its obviously not as good as Hondata, or a standalone, but I still say it beat the crap out of a FMU and 120psi of fuel pressure. Plus its pretty cheap
Old 02-05-2002, 12:23 PM

Default Re: MF2 (00SilverLS)

I'm a big fan of extra injector controllers.. but if you guys are not satisfied with the tuning of the MF2, try SDS's EIC ( http://www.sdsefi.com/eic.html ). Everyone I know with this unit is very satisfied with it.
Old 02-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MF2 (00SilverLS)

well, for me its been a headache from day 1. Its really hard to get the right maps with those little screws in the MF2. I'm going to keep playing with it until I can come up with a different fuel solution, but so far I must say that I am not too impressed with this thing. The guys who have it in the states can go have it tuned but I' m on my own her in Japan, so it kinda sucks...Matt, let me know how things go for you...thanks

[Modified by MiraiZ, 6:59 AM 2/6/2002]
Old 02-05-2002, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

fmu,450cc,inline fuel pump,afc
Old 02-05-2002, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Pritos also has an MF2 and a kick *** setup. He's done a great job so I would recommend paying attention to him - he's "been there and done that".
Old 02-05-2002, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MF2 (mplex2000)

Well its not a matter of whether someone else had good results...that isn't going to help unless that person lives by me....the MF2 is good only if you know how to tune one or know someone who can OR have a lot of money to spen a whole day of a dyno.

But anyways...I suppose in theory its a pretty sound system...just not working well on my car..