Notices

best fmu and fuel pump setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 02:42 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best fmu and fuel pump setup

a friend of mine says Hondata is not worth it for him. he only runs 5-7 lbs daily driving. he knows of the high fuel pressures and blah blah blah. the thing is... hes set on keepin the fmu and fuel setup because it has proven to work well for mild boost setups like his drag3 ls. i agree with him. not alot of people go with standalone units only boosting 5-9lbs. most people who blow their motors blow it because they boost too much or they dont install something right. in other cases, the injectors do go faulty on them, fuel pump malfunctions, or they blow a fuel line.

in this case, it seems to me that his idea to stay with the fmu and fuel pump that came with his drag3 setup seems fine. what fmu rate and injector size works best? he wants it to idle like stock. at the same time, lessen the fuel pressure and make it safer than the 12:1 + stock injector combo he already has without running lean or too rich.

thanks guys.
Old 03-13-2002, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best fmu and fuel pump setup (dlplayboy)

I did a general search on "fmu" today in archived topics and found a lot of good info. There were quite a few threads on how to setup the fmu/pump combo with a good a/f controller of some sort. I'd go back and do the search again and find the threads I found helpful for you but I'm too busy at work right now....but the threads are out there that have the info you're looking for.

Justin
Old 03-13-2002, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best fmu and fuel pump setup (justinCO)

Hey guys this might be a dumb *** question, but where is the archived post at and how the hell do i get to them.
Old 03-13-2002, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

instead of the fmu setup, take a look into the s-afc hack.

heres the link to the string
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=137901

good luck boosting
Old 03-13-2002, 06:39 PM
New User

Default Re: best fmu and fuel pump setup (justinCO)

I did a general search on "fmu" today in archived topics and found a lot of good info. There were quite a few threads on how to setup the fmu/pump combo with a good a/f controller of some sort. I'd go back and do the search again and find the threads I found helpful for you but I'm too busy at work right now....but the threads are out there that have the info you're looking for.

Justin
thanks for telling me that without being an ***. hahaha most guys would see that as an opportunity to bring up the search option and make me look like a newbie. actually, i did do a search and i found nothing that answers my question. i did find info on the hack and with a controller. BUT im not going to use a controller. i forgot who it was.... but someone used 310s and a 8:1 and it worked fine. i just want to see if anyone has a similar setup on a LS. thanks anyways guys.
Old 03-13-2002, 08:10 PM
New User

Try a set of rc 310cc injectors (the largest you can run with a stock ecu and still idel)vortec 6:1,and a holly 255lph in-tank fuel pump.Thats what i'm runing and it seems to work pretty good.If he got a piggyback fuel computer he could run larger injectors and a lower fmu rate.
Old 03-14-2002, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best fmu and fuel pump setup (5gen-hybrid)

6:1 seems a little low for 310s, I'm using a 6:1 with 370s, v-afc, and a b&m fpr. running almost 10 psi and everythings going great. I also have an inline fuel pump.

[Modified by turbosol, 6:17 AM 3/15/2002]
Old 03-15-2002, 09:13 AM
New User

Default Re: best fmu and fuel pump setup (turbosol)

i remember reading posts awhile back before the Hondata craze hit honda-tech... and i saw posts where a few guys had 310s and a 10:1. another guy had 310s and a 8:1. so ive been doing a search for those posts and i couldnt find it. oh well...