Notices

MBC doesnt work

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBC doesnt work

My TurboXS doesnt work. I tried adjusting it lock to lock, and it doesnt help, then I switched the in/out vac lines, doesnt help. Any ideas? This isnt with the stock internal wastegate though, but it still makes boost. 14b turbo w/ IHI wastegate.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:56 PM

Default Re: MBC doesnt work (tegunderpressure)

did you run the turbo simply off spring pressure? Did the W/G regulate psi?
Old 09-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MBC doesnt work (powerls)

Yeah, but I got like .25 bar. I think my fmic has alot of pressure drop, because I only get like .5 bar with a 10psi wastegate.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:03 PM

did it atleast hold steady?
Old 09-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegunderpressure &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, but I got like .25 bar. I think my fmic has alot of pressure drop, because I only get like .5 bar with a 10psi wastegate.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where is the WG vacuum line connected? Any reasonable amount of pressure drop due to a fmic, piping, or whatever should not affect the WG if the vacuum line is attached to the intake manifold ("beyond" the throttle body). If the WG is running off nothing but spring pressure then a fmic can cause a pressure drop of 5 psi easily.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MBC doesnt work (fsp31)

I have it connected right off the turbo, on the stock 14b elbow. I heard that you shouldnt connect it to the intake manifold past the throttle body, because that will cause spiking. Maybe I should have a little nipple welded onto my charge piping before the BOV.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegunderpressure &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have it connected right off the turbo, on the stock 14b elbow. I heard that you shouldnt connect it to the intake manifold past the throttle body, because that will cause spiking. Maybe I should have a little nipple welded onto my charge piping before the BOV.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ive heard the opposite. Ive heard its IDEAL to run it off the IM and not so great to run it off the turbo...
Old 09-05-2004, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MBC doesnt work (SICKSOLVTEC-T)

Time to do some searching...
Old 09-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegunderpressure &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have it connected right off the turbo, on the stock 14b elbow. I heard that you shouldnt connect it to the intake manifold past the throttle body, because that will cause spiking. Maybe I should have a little nipple welded onto my charge piping before the BOV.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Connecting the WG vacuum line to the intake manifold should not affect spiking at all. What will be affected is boost response and boost levels. Most people don't realize, but a 10 psi WG actually starts to crack open at about 2 psi with a properly installed vacuum line. On spring alone it's less than that. 2 psi at your boost guage equates to significantly higher pressure in the exhaust manifold... Consider what's going on in your charge pipes relative to the intake manifold. I can see 2 psi in my charge pipes and still be at -10 psi in my manifold (where pressure *counts*). "True" negative manifold pressure helps make sure my WG stays tight shut at least until positive boost.

Something to remember... When you run the vacuum line, be sure and run it to it's own separate source, with no T's or intersections. The WG is your motors ticket to life. It's not worth the possibility of a faulty blow off valve or something causing your WG to see less than the amount of pressure it's supposed to.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MBC doesnt work (fsp31)

So... run the vacuum from the intake manifold (past the throttle body) to the mbc to the wg is the best way to hook it up? I leaking about 2 psi in the high (6800-8100) rpm range. Right now, I have it running from the turbo to mbc to wg.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegunderpressure &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My TurboXS doesnt work. I tried adjusting it lock to lock, and it doesnt help, then I switched the in/out vac lines, doesnt help. Any ideas? This isnt with the stock internal wastegate though, but it still makes boost. 14b turbo w/ IHI wastegate.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've used the standard and the high performance turboxs boost controller and I always ran the pressure side straight to the intake manifold w/ no T's. No boost spikes and always worked perfect. Try it, it will work. If you are using the high performance, be careful which direction you are turning the adj. screws(for minor and bigger adjustments). Good luck.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fsp31 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Connecting the WG vacuum line to the intake manifold should not affect spiking at all. What will be affected is boost response and boost levels. Most people don't realize, but a 10 psi WG actually starts to crack open at about 2 psi with a properly installed vacuum line. On spring alone it's less than that. 2 psi at your boost guage equates to significantly higher pressure in the exhaust manifold... Consider what's going on in your charge pipes relative to the intake manifold. I can see 2 psi in my charge pipes and still be at -10 psi in my manifold (where pressure *counts*). "True" negative manifold pressure helps make sure my WG stays tight shut at least until positive boost.

Something to remember... When you run the vacuum line, be sure and run it to it's own separate source, with no T's or intersections. The WG is your motors ticket to life. It's not worth the possibility of a faulty blow off valve or something causing your WG to see less than the amount of pressure it's supposed to.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegunderpressure &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Time to do some searching...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ive done plenty of searching....