Notices

Info for emanage on hondas......

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info for emanage on hondas......

Ok, What I have is a 98 GSR that I want to do a simple mild turbo setup on. I am looking for 250whp. Since the car is OBDII I am limited it using a setup that will keep the car emisson testable (so hondata/uber/crome is out).
My two affordable choices are:
VAFC hack and Emanage. I have a VAFC on the GSR right now but I got an emanage thinking it would do a better job since it has the ability to control timing and has some dataloging capabilities. I am planing on running 450cc DSM for fuel. The turbo is a ballbearing T28/T3 hybird off of my RB25.
So which methoid should I use to acheive my goal?
VAFC hack or emanage?
Old 12-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Info for emanage on hondas...... (89civic1.8T)

uberdata is far superior to either method, and is cheaper. just keep the obd2 ecu around for emissions testing and throw an fmu on it or something.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:17 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Info for emanage on hondas...... (89civic1.8T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 89civic1.8T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, What I have is a 98 GSR that I want to do a simple mild turbo setup on. I am looking for 250whp. Since the car is OBDII I am limited it using a setup that will keep the car emisson testable (so hondata/uber/crome is out).
My two affordable choices are:
VAFC hack and Emanage. I have a VAFC on the GSR right now but I got an emanage thinking it would do a better job since it has the ability to control timing and has some dataloging capabilities. I am planing on running 450cc DSM for fuel. The turbo is a ballbearing T28/T3 hybird off of my RB25.
So which methoid should I use to acheive my goal?
VAFC hack or emanage?</TD></TR></TABLE>

GET OFF THIS UBERDATA ****!!! IT IS NOT THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING.. E-manage is fine for the requirements that you're looking for. read some serious information about the e-manage's capabilities, while still staying OBDII w/ no EPROM crap, not having the ecu exposed w/ 3 wires sticking out, and burning a new EPROM EVERY TIME YOU NEED TO CHANGE..
If you can't find it online, check out Godspeed Inc in Michigan..

http://www.godspeedinc.net....
Old 12-11-2004, 09:14 AM

Shodan, you are wrong my friend

Straight from Greddy's website
e-Manage is an inexpensive programmable fuel management system that allows you to properly tune your factory fuel system without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit. The e-Manage system is a universal "piggy-back" type unit which taps into most Japanese factory ECU wiring, by utilizing the existing sensors. Basic functions will allow the user to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle (± 20% at 5 preset RPM points) by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals.

It alters your map signal aka it's just like an AFC aka is a piece of **** and advances your timing. If you can show ANY evidence otherwise I'm open ears but intercepting and changing voltages in any manner is a hack fix to me and most people. Things like Uberdata/hondata/Crome/Turboedit/Neptupe/anything that uses the stock ECU actually allows full usage of the map sensors given ability to read to about 10-11psi so i dont see how this map hack bullshit is superior to modifying the ECU to use the abilities it already has. Thats why people use the factory ECU and chip it vs AFC/Emange.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bustug)

You might wanna do some research on the emanage there buddy. It has a lot more capabilities than greddy's bluebox and there is a hack available so you can have much more control and make your own maps and such.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bustug &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Shodan, you are wrong my friend

Straight from Greddy's website
e-Manage is an inexpensive programmable fuel management system that allows you to properly tune your factory fuel system without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit. The e-Manage system is a universal "piggy-back" type unit which taps into most Japanese factory ECU wiring, by utilizing the existing sensors. Basic functions will allow the user to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle (± 20% at 5 preset RPM points) by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals.

It alters your map signal aka it's just like an AFC aka is a piece of **** and advances your timing. If you can show ANY evidence otherwise I'm open ears but intercepting and changing voltages in any manner is a hack fix to me and most people. Things like Uberdata/hondata/Crome/Turboedit/Neptupe/anything that uses the stock ECU actually allows full usage of the map sensors given ability to read to about 10-11psi so i dont see how this map hack bullshit is superior to modifying the ECU to use the abilities it already has. Thats why people use the factory ECU and chip it vs AFC/Emange.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Greddy's website? Stop reading crap from ages ago. What you were talking about was the E-manage main unit alone without the support tool.

Try here instead:
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/index.html

Get some experience first... I agree with Shodan regarding a much cleaner install and easier tuning platform with the E-manage. Not everyone is willing to hack up the ECU especially when the car needs to be E-tested. The question clearly states that cannot use Uberdata.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tony the Tiger)

I just wish I could find more info on the emanage unit being used on Hondas (OBD II ones that is) I know hondata/crome/uber is a much better setup but I need to keep the obd II system intack for emissions. There is a yahoo group for the emanage but info on there is hard to find and there isn't much on there for OBD II hondas.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (89civic1.8T)

Do a search for it. I know there's tons of info on emanage because I myself was debating on what to do about obdII and still passing emmisions. I found a shitload of stuff on it.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (89civic1.8T)

one thing you may encounter w/ emanage (or any other MAP voltage manipulation ie: the hack) is that your car may throw a code 13 (baro press. sensor).

My OBD2 accord did w/ the hack, and because of that code I still could not pass emissions (obd2 check).
Old 12-11-2004, 01:22 PM

http://www.mohdparts.com/emana...4.JPG

The first thing it says is it has a 16x16 map that is tuned via adjusting the MAP sensor. AFCs use tables, its just not as fancy dancy. Its a 2x10(???) table i believe. This just has a more up to date way of doing things thats easier and a bit better. Now does Emanage have a place in the market? ABSOLUTELY. Is it on a honda that can be swapped to OBD1, ABSOLUTELY NOT.

If you are worried about emmissions, how bout keeping your old ECU and injectors and swapping them and then going to the emmissions center? I drive my car daily and I can not boost for weeks so i dont know why people can drive on stock injectors to the emmisions center and back. Maybe im retarded but i still see the Emanage is as a much advanced AFC but still has the main flaw aka totally ***** up your ignition timing. Most likely the next post will be something like "Shut up newbie, you only have 3 posts" but i can read and on the emanage website and the site linked just now both say the EXACT same thing so im confused how you can say otherwise unless you cant understand what the unit does.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:49 PM

the emanage can adjust fuel two different ways: 1) air flow adjustment map= this is manipulating the map sensor voltage or 2) additional injection map= increases the fuel injector's duty cycle (does nothing to map voltage).
it also has a ignition adjustment map and a function to clamp your map sensor voltage at 3.0v so it doesn't throw a code (you of course must then up the fuel from that point on yourself.
the e-01 also comes with a 4 bar sensor that the emanage runs off of while allowing your car to run of the stock map sensor. emanage with the profec e-01 you have a screen right in the car that reads real time and data logs. or you can use the support tool with a lap top (same options on both). lots more options on the emanage that i won't go into. it's a decent set up in my opinion.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bustug &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Most likely the next post will be something like "Shut up newbie, you only have 3 posts" but i can read and on the emanage website and the site linked just now both say the EXACT same thing so im confused how you can say otherwise unless you cant understand what the unit does.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Shut up newbie, you only have 3 posts

Don't talk if you haven't used the E-manage before. I have always wondered what gave people like yourself the urge to speak out without knowledge or experience on the topic.... I really see no point.

Anyway, you can alter the fuel injector duty cycle by adding or subtracting from the base map duty (stock ECU injector duty). By doing this, there will no changes in ignition timing. If you had better observation skills, you would also have noticed on E-manage's injector harness wiring diagram, it receives signals from each and every injector channel. This should already tell you that it does not alter MAP/MAF voltage only.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:29 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bustug &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.mohdparts.com/emana...4.JPG

The first thing it says is it has a 16x16 map that is tuned via adjusting the MAP sensor. AFCs use tables, its just not as fancy dancy. Its a 2x10(???) table i believe. This just has a more up to date way of doing things thats easier and a bit better. Now does Emanage have a place in the market? ABSOLUTELY. Is it on a honda that can be swapped to OBD1, ABSOLUTELY NOT.

If you are worried about emmissions, how bout keeping your old ECU and injectors and swapping them and then going to the emmissions center? I drive my car daily and I can not boost for weeks so i dont know why people can drive on stock injectors to the emmisions center and back. Maybe im retarded but i still see the Emanage is as a much advanced AFC but still has the main flaw aka totally ***** up your ignition timing. Most likely the next post will be something like "Shut up newbie, you only have 3 posts" but i can read and on the emanage website and the site linked just now both say the EXACT same thing so im confused how you can say otherwise unless you cant understand what the unit does.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bustug... I've been working with this system since its inception over 2.5 years ago. No it is not at ALL similar to an AFC, espcially when the support tool is used. No AFC can recalibrate injector millisecond timing w/ calibration, nor get a higher resolution w/ its 16X 16 Map for both Ignition and Timing sensors that are used. AFC can't even change the signal enough in the ECU wihout automatically advancing the timing of the ECU to compensate for the change in fuel maps that the new signal sees. An additional boost pressure sensor takes over the original map sensor, so a person can utilize over 15 psi of boost. This allows the map to switch over w/ a smooth transition from off boost- to on-boost without any hiccups and still allows them to stay in closed -loop where the diagnostic port can still go with stock settings on the emissions test.

Also make sure that you understand that with the timing feature used w/ the software, and you can get over 120 points of actual timing w/ the new version software as opposed to NO POINTs in timing adjustment. only fuel.

I've used these systems compared w/ some of the Uberdata before.... Don't go off the site for basic info.. See how it works, what it does, how it's used, and tuned. When you can tune a 420whp 350z boosted with it, and take the same unit, change a few pin adjustments and run a 320whp Integra.. That's not a bad thing.. Does it solve EVERYTHING a standalone can, no.. But I'd bet my money on it any day of the week for the needs that this individual has.