Notices

What should I do for management in my Turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do for management in my Turbo setup

Ok here is the deal guys I have a Stock GSR, I have a t3/t4 hybrid Turbo with .48AR Compressor and .63 Turbine and a 50 trim, I want to run 8 psi daily and maybe everyonce in a while 10 psi. I know that engine can handle it but what should I go with

Choice 1: VAFC hack and 450CC DSM Injectors
Choice 2: FMU and Missing Link

I cant afford Hondata right now but when I do I plan on running 12 psi with it

Any help or suggestions thanks guys
Old 11-19-2003, 05:32 PM

Default Re: What should I do for management in my Turbo setup (riddickone)

choice 3: dsm 450s and uberdata chip

definatly the way to go.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:11 PM

Default Re: What should I do for management in my Turbo setup (ndogg)

I dont want to do that cause you cant tune it, at least with VAFC Hack you can tune and I hear uberdata is not safe at all. Who will burn a GSR boosted chip ??? I want to run close to 300whp and with 450CC and 10-12psi boost , thanks for the help
Old 11-19-2003, 08:15 PM

Choice 1: VAFC hack and 450CC DSM Injectors
Old 11-19-2003, 08:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by riddickone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont want to do that cause you cant tune it</TD></TR></TABLE>

you were lied too.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by riddickone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hear uberdata is not safe at all.</TD></TR></TABLE>

umm... lied to again.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by riddickone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Who will burn a GSR boosted chip ??? </TD></TR></TABLE>

why not do it yourself? the software is free. you can get a burner for 50 - 100 dollars.

read this thread: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=626171
Old 11-19-2003, 08:28 PM

Well if I do uberdata , I know I dont need an FMU, but what about a missing link, do I need that running 8-12 psi or a GM 3 BAR MAP SENSOR??? thanks
Old 11-19-2003, 08:41 PM

i don't think you had time to read that post yet. start at page 1, read to page 31. it will answer any other questions you have.

no missing link.

yes you need a 3 bar map if you go over 10psi.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:20 PM

the thing about uberdata is that there is no way it is going to run any worse than the ugly kludge of the AFC hack or FMU. And the benefit is that it is tuned by someone very very smart.

Like me

-PHiZ
Old 11-19-2003, 09:25 PM

the other benift of using of uberdata or turboedit or any of the other ECU hacks..(use depending on ECU) is you can be cool and when ppl look under your hood and dont see an FMU and they look in your car and dont see AFC they think you are a hardcore baller....btw that was totally sarcastic.

I think most will agree that this is the rankings on Fuel management...from best to worst

Stand Alone
Hondata/ECU HAck(Uberdata, turboedit, ghetto dyne....)
AFC/SMC
FMU
Old 11-19-2003, 09:26 PM

Default Re: What should I do for management in my Turbo setup (PHiZ)

choice #1, just make sure you clean those injectors really good before you put them on your car
Old 11-19-2003, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What should I do for management in my Turbo setup (B16OnTop)

How the **** can u street tune uberdata like you can the hack.

You have to keep reburning chips. It's a better system. Just not efficient enough im my mind.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:58 PM

a mild inconvience for a better over all system....and cheaper....
Old 11-20-2003, 07:01 AM

Default Re: (bigwig)

I'm probably faster with this: http://crimethink.org/images/romulator_side1.jpg
Than anyone with the AFC, I've used that thing, and the user-interface is pretty clunky, they had to abbreviate a lot of the settings, making it challenging to read.

And even if it DID take a couple minutes longer, that's not a compelling argument against it. Too many people in this scene are impatient, not the really successful cars mind you. They know the importance of doing things meticulously correct the first time.

The NEW AFC V2 has like I think 16 RPM points for low and high cam? The honda ecu has 20 stock, and allows MAP dependant fuel AND ignition tuning.

The DIY tuning solutions are QUITE the powerful tool for the scene, and we should be very grateful to everyone that has put in the hard work and time.

And honestly, I believe I can guesstimate a better set of maps, then you could get out of the VAFC with street-tuning.

-PHiZ
Old 11-20-2003, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (PHiZ)

Amen - everyone's sofa king lazy these days. If you have the money - go pay someone else to do it. If you want to learn - then read. But please don't shout out iignorant comments about what you heard. hearsay is just that, take it with a grain of salt and form your own opinions - also evauate the knowledge of whoever's telling you such hearsay.

Anyway, to stay in thread - I was planning on doing the exact same thing. Gonna convert a P05 to P06 and run a romulator for tuning and then eventually burn a chip. I have a friend with a Z that wrote his own tuning software. He runs the romulator 24/7 with no problems - can tune on the fly. Seen it in action - it rocks.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PHiZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm probably faster with this: http://crimethink.org/images/romulator_side1.jpg
Than anyone with the AFC, I've used that thing, and the user-interface is pretty clunky, they had to abbreviate a lot of the settings, making it challenging to read.

And even if it DID take a couple minutes longer, that's not a compelling argument against it. Too many people in this scene are impatient, not the really successful cars mind you. They know the importance of doing things meticulously correct the first time.

The NEW AFC V2 has like I think 16 RPM points for low and high cam? The honda ecu has 20 stock, and allows MAP dependant fuel AND ignition tuning.

The DIY tuning solutions are QUITE the powerful tool for the scene, and we should be very grateful to everyone that has put in the hard work and time.

And honestly, I believe I can guesstimate a better set of maps, then you could get out of the VAFC with street-tuning.

-PHiZ </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-20-2003, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dennis)

No one has mentioned it yet so I will. The reason the AFC hack is not a good rout to go is simple. All it does is manipulate the map sensor voltage, therefor leaving the timing untouched, and as you go into boost the factory settings in the ecu will keep ADDING timing. Thats not good, you generally want to pull timing when you create boost so as not to detonate. With this rom editing programs out there, there is no reason why people should still be messing with hacks. Flat out, ROM editing is A correct way to manage your turbocharged motor. And any one who thinks otherwise is simply not educated in this matter.

Rob
Old 11-20-2003, 07:39 AM

Default Re: (rjardy)

&lt;country voice&gt;Hey man, u need 2 get dat hawndata mang!!&lt;/country voice&gt;
Old 11-20-2003, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Double121)

yeah mang, get that hawndata mang.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:32 AM

Default Re: (SlowRedHybrid)

Stand-alones (or near standalones) still have their place in the world, hondata has nitrous controls, 3-step launch, FTS stuff like that to add value.

Maybe on a setup over 12PSI, I would still consider hondata.

But for a lot of the DIY guys running mild setups, there is nothing wrong with letting the honda ECU handle your fuel managment.

-PHiZ
Old 11-20-2003, 05:25 PM

Heys guys with Uberdata low boost and hi boost settings , if I have that set at 7 and 10 will that no allow it to boost any lower than 7 and no higher than 10??? thanks
Old 11-20-2003, 05:26 PM

Default Re: (riddickone)

#4- save and get hondata
Old 11-20-2003, 06:03 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by riddickone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heys guys with Uberdata low boost and hi boost settings , if I have that set at 7 and 10 will that no allow it to boost any lower than 7 and no higher than 10??? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

How would it control boost?
-PHiZ
Old 11-21-2003, 12:48 AM

Nevermind got the boost answer, but got a ?? on setting up my ECU for chipping, I know about the capacitors that i need but does the ZIF Lo Profile Socket just right in no soldering then you stick the 28-pin 29c256 eprom into it, and what is the 74HC373 IC used for thanks pro uberdata guys
Old 11-21-2003, 08:13 AM

The 74hc373 is an octal tri-state latch, it holds the address lines on the bus for the duration of the clock cycle.

-PHiZ
Old 11-21-2003, 03:08 PM

Ok thanks for the help guys.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ndogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">choice 3: dsm 450s and uberdata chip

definatly the way to go.</TD></TR></TABLE>
The uberdata spokesperson! JK

Quick Reply: What should I do for management in my Turbo setup