how many dynoruns with varius standalones?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how many dynoruns with varius standalones?

Hondata claims to have about 40 dyno pulls for adjusting all the fuel and ignition maps with their ECU.

I quoted this from Hondata page:

By comparison a typical Haltec computer for this setup takes over double the time to tune properly. With good dyno time at over $100 per hour this is a significant saving. We have been told 140 dyno runs is fairly typical for a Haltech computer. With further software developments due soon, we expect to halve the Hondata tuning time to about 2 hours, making the Hondata the fastest and least expensive way to tune a Honda.

I say CRAP!!!!!

140 dyno runs with a Haltech computer? What the hell? I needed only 3 hours and a few runs. 100% of the fuel map was adjusted driving on the streets and 95% of the ignition table was adjusted on the streets too. Only for the best ignition setup we used a dyno. Partial throttle can't be adjusted on the dyno either.

I don't get it, when people are pulling 100 times on the dyno. Oh well, I guess real time tuning ownz.

IMO: Tuning a standalone with numbers in the columms is much harder than tuning a standalone with bars. Easier for the eyes. I would get crazy with that amount of numbers everywhere.

[Modified by austrian type-R, 10:57 AM 8/9/2002]

[Modified by austrian type-R, 11:09 AM 8/9/2002]
Old 08-09-2002, 01:05 AM
New User

Default Re: how many dynoruns with varius standalones? (austrian type-R)

all depends on the tuner. I have no problems with numbers, in fact, I prefer it
Old 08-09-2002, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This feedback was given to us by one of our top dealers who likes to precisely map everything perfectly. This time is mapping from scratch. Obviously if you have already developed some base maps the tuning time is faster. Perfection takes time though.

This dealer also has an excellent record of producing very fast hondas including one of the first and most powerful turbocharged Acura RSXs that I know of to date.

If you like I can give you the contact phone number of the owner if you would like to verify this.

Doug
Old 08-09-2002, 10:17 AM

Default Re: how many dynoruns with varius standalones? (Hondata)

Hi Doug.

Come on, I had a base map for B16A n/a engine for my turbo B18C, so we had 99% of the maps to tune completely new. The fuel table can be tuned to 100% on the streets. We do this on the Autobahn, partial throttle and WOT runs.

I don't want to flame or anything else, but that is not the kind of advertising you should make, cause it is NOT true. One big benefit of Hondata is that many many people and dyno shops for Hondas are using it, in USA. But I think outside from the US there are much more tuners on other standalones. The maps are the 2nd big benefits for Hondata, cause so much people have this ECU, so there are many maps around on the World Wide Web.

But tuning a Haltech from ZERO or tuning a Hondata from ZERO on the same engine .................. I think a well known Haltech tuner is faster than a well known Hondata tuner. my 2 juros
Old 08-09-2002, 11:08 AM
New User

I tuned that 270hp LS from zero, in 13 runs and that was being very ****. The basemaps Hondata did all the research on IS zero, and the starting point. Haltech does not provide you ANY base maps, and I believe that is the point.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:28 AM

Default Re: how many dynoruns with varius standalones? (VaporTrail)

I had this B16A base map from Adam Neish @ Haltech.