Notices

Neetronics, Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neetronics, Toronto

I was just wondering if any Canadian people have had any experience with Neetronics. They are a hondata dealer and dyno shop.

http://webhome.idirect.com/~neethlin/default.html

They have a 4WD dyno, i believe its a Clayton.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Neetronics, Toronto (int3gra)

I got my car tuned there last year, he really knows his hondata and aem tuning, and the clayton dyno is good becasue you can adjust the load to tune in different areas of the map... the dyno does not read HP though... so no graph's are available... they are moving their shop at the end of this month, to a new location with hopefully a second dynojet aswell as the clayton.... becasue of the move there is almost a 1 month waiting period for tuning...

i made my tuning appt on the 12th of may, and i was given a tune date of wednesday june 9th.... needless to say i am not too happy with that... another thing is that neetronics tunes cars to be very conservative, probably becasue he doesnt want a car to break on the dyno, becasue it will give him and his shop a bad name, and all the kiddies will ruin his business for it...

my car had a good tuerbo set up on it last year, with a stock engine, and 40,000 km... it was tuned and made 240 hp at 10 psi.. he didnt want to push it any further, and i know my set up could have made 300....

now i have a fully built engine, and looking for 400 whp on pump gas, and i am a little afraid that he will want to stop at a lower power level than i know the engine is capable of but we will see i guess
Old 05-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neetronics, Toronto (R THIS)

Paul seems like a really friendly guy, i met him at the Hondata tuning seminar in March. He has his own line of plug and play bar map sensors he was showing us. I went by the shop and had a chat with him, seemed busy and was saying sometimes he goes home at 2am!
Old 05-15-2004, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by int3gra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Paul seems like a really friendly guy, i met him at the Hondata tuning seminar in March. He has his own line of plug and play bar map sensors he was showing us. I went by the shop and had a chat with him, seemed busy and was saying sometimes he goes home at 2am! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I met him, too, very intelligent and friendly guy. He has more than just the 3 bar MAP sensors that plug & play + drop in place of the OEM Honda MAP sensor... he has non-linear units meant for ITB use, as well as ones that mimick karmann AFMs.

As with anyone intelligent, talented, and trying to give their best work to all of their customers, Neetronics is gonna be really busy. I'd endure the wait until you're tuned because they will give you top notch work.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:41 PM

I had my hondata tuned there in april and I couldn't be happier with the service. It took awhile because my 3 bar was fucked. I bought his map that his on site engineer made in an hour.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Type R #0008)

Thanks for the feedback guys
Old 05-17-2004, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (int3gra)

Paul does do good work. I called him up about tunning my Teg. He is mad busy though and the wait is long. So my other shot was Dasilva Racing. Its a Mustang 5.0L shop. I raced with Joe (the owner since back in the day. Now he has a 6.39 @ 222mph Pro 5.0 car and Job Spetter Jr is a part of his crew. So when Joe puts together some quick turbo or supercharged cars, Job Spetter Jr flys up to do some tunning on Joe's dyno. So thats who I am going to use when I am ready. The only conservative part of my tunning is going to be the out of boost tunning (crusing), to save on some gasmileage. But WOT, I don't want to be that conservative.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MIKES)

well i've started to help out over there in my spare time now Hoping to learn a thing or two.

There were lots of cancellations today, so you might wanna ask him to keep you in mind for future cancellations. Once we move into the new place in June there might be a second dyno added for keeping up with the work.

He is a drift fanatic thou, every chance he gets he hops into his corolla and does donuts in the parking lot
Old 05-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MIKES)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MIKES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(crusing) But WOT, I don't want to be that conservative. </TD></TR></TABLE>

that's ******' hilarious. for a person who has had a good amount of ups and downs in the F.I. area, semi-conservative should be your objective. this makes absolutely no sense. Paul does not tune conservative during WOT . the funny thing is everybody wants to make mad hp & tq, yet they want the tuning to be on the edge. and then when a person's car blows up, they want to blame the tuner. they don't take into consideration that all well tuned cars are supposed to have good drivability. everybody, do me a favour.....if you don't know **** about tuning, shut the **** up. Paul is very good, and his prices are nice. he is one of the few people that will take the time to explain everything to you, hour by hour. no wonder people don't really post on H-T anymore. everybody talks PURE ****. i'm sick and tired of people saying "that's not what they said on H-T" this **** is getting stale, fast. instead of dissing people, just go elsewhere, done. that way everybody will remain happy. just my .02.

Modified by B16C1 at 7:08 PM 6/3/2004

Modified by B16C1 at 7:13 PM 6/3/2004
Old 05-27-2004, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16C1)

Friday is our last day at the old location, will post the new address once everything is up and running.

Old 06-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (int3gra)

yup, got my B16A turbo del Sol tuned by paul.

IMO, he is one of (if not the best) tuner in Canada.

He tuned my cars factory P30 ecu with TECHTOM software. runs so smooth, its like a stock turbo car.

THUMBS UP!
Old 06-04-2004, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by int3gra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He has his own line of plug and play bar map sensors he was showing us.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Talk more about this...

I am looking for a 2/3 bar MAP sensor and to plug n play with the honda plugs would be very nice...

Any pricing...where can we find more info?

Thanks...
Old 06-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neetronics, Toronto (xenocron)

Paul is in the process of getting it patented so after that is done we will have more info. i will ask him to update the website with the info. I just started 2 weeks ago there so i dont know the technicals yet.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I talked to Paul today he said this:

- ALL map sensors will be calibrated the same, unlike the GM ones.
- They are linear
- They react much better to temp. change, identical change with temp.
- Output will be much less sensitive to power supply changes.

We are just waiting for the last of the parts to arrive. Dont know when they will come. but as soon as they arrive the sensors will be on the shelves in 1 - 2 weeks time.

These sensors are for most of the car manufacturers, not just honda.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.nhrmotorsports.com/pages/1/index.htm

Here is our new location, bigger and better.
NHR = neetronics, Hot Turbo Products, and Rallitec.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

9000 sq/ft? Bling bling. I thought the 6000 sq/ft shop I'm moving into was a good size... big enough it's getting broken into four seperate sub-shops to address mechanical/autobody/fabrication/and tint+detail.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by int3gra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I talked to Paul today he said this:

- ALL map sensors will be calibrated the same, unlike the GM ones.
- They are linear
- They react much better to temp. change, identical change with temp.
- Output will be much less sensitive to power supply changes.

We are just waiting for the last of the parts to arrive. Dont know when they will come. but as soon as they arrive the sensors will be on the shelves in 1 - 2 weeks time.

These sensors are for most of the car manufacturers, not just honda.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How much please?
Old 06-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i should come hang out