Notices

greddy EBC boost spiking baddd

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy EBC boost spiking baddd

im having a problem with a greddy type s EBC. the older one with adjustable *****. i installed it recently switching from a xs turbo mbc which held boost steadily at 10 lbs, i am only tuned for 10 lbs with a stock map sensor. 44mm tial wg. 9 lb spring

i have it set on low boost with all ***** turned down all the way, except the gain which ive been messing with to try and see if maybe that was what needed adjustment. but its def not the prob. ive checked all vacuum lines, im sure its hooked up properly, as it is not complex to install at all especially having the vacuum lines already ran from my previous mbc. its spiking at almost 18 psi! and im hitting that by not even 6k when i have an 8350 rpm limit. i cant even step on the gas anymore and its very upsetting! i do have a crack in the #4 cylinder tube on my mani, but still, my mbc held 10 lbs perfectly all day with that same crack. any ideas??? is the greddy just a pos? or am i overlooking some other possible problem? alll help appreciated!
Old 07-30-2008, 06:14 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: greddy EBC boost spiking baddd (dartdc97)

You need to verify that you hooked up the controller correctly to the right vaccum lines with the wastegate that you are using. Leaks are one part, making sure that they are hooked up to the appropriate lines to the wastegate is even more important. Don't assume you have done so, as it seems as though you have it hooked up backwards. (I've done this at one time or another, which is why I dynotag each line). If there is a crack in the manifold, that cause a loss of pressure, not a spike.

Here's the instruction manual to check:

http://www.wheelsjamaica.com/d...l.zip

Go over each part of the manual with your connections of the lines in the engine bay.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: greddy EBC boost spiking baddd (TheShodan)

hey thanks u were 100% on that. i had the hoses on the solenoid backwards. i followed the directions completely, which said if you have an external gate to use the "NC" port for the vacuum source and the "COM" for the wastegate. i originally followed those instructions. the other way was if you have an actuator, and the directions said to use the "NO" port for the vacuum instead of the "NC" and the "COM" again to the WG. dont quite understand why it is that way but i switched the vacuum hose from the nc to the no port and voila. took 2 seconds to prevent my **** from blowing up so thanks for the help
Old 08-06-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: greddy EBC boost spiking baddd (dartdc97)

Glad I was able to help.