Notices

Forced Induction Focking Sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forced Induction Focking Sucks!!!

Well as most of you know I have been having problems with my 98 LS Auto Turbo!!! i just recieved my turbo from turbonetics, installed it and went to the car wash. After driving it for a while I noticed quite a bit of smoke coming out of the exhaust. Once I got home I looked under the car and could see the oil running down the outside of the DP and dripping on the ground - I took the car back to the mechanic and he said (after checking) that the turbo is leaking internally and the downpipe was full of oil??? How is it leaking on theoutside then??? Also he said that my a/r might not be suited for my application - it is the turbo that is sent by DRAG - not sure what the specs are. What will work best???
Old 06-12-2002, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Forced Induction Focking Sucks!!! (TURBOED-TEG)

Dude I'm guessing youv'e got the t3/t4 hybrid that those kits come with, everybody I've known with a B-series it has worked just fine for them, but I guess you blew the seal on the exhaust side of the compressor (not exactly sure what the seal arrangement is like) but it does happen, just send it back to them or have it repaired by a turbo rebuilder with experience, hope this helps

....And by the way, Forced induction does not suck
Old 06-12-2002, 09:49 AM
On Fire!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well as most of you know I have been having problems with my 98 LS Auto Turbo!!! i just recieved my turbo from turbonetics, installed it and went to the car wash. After driving it for a while I noticed quite a bit of smoke coming out of the exhaust. Once I got home I looked under the car and could see the oil running down the outside of the DP and dripping on the ground - I took the car back to the mechanic and he said (after checking) that the turbo is leaking internally and the downpipe was full of oil??? How is it leaking on theoutside then??? Also he said that my a/r might not be suited for my application - it is the turbo that is sent by DRAG - not sure what the specs are. What will work best???
Well I would return the turbo to turbonetics or have them rebuild the thing if you just got the thing they should take all the responsibiliy up on them selves and make it right for ya...

Adi
Old 06-12-2002, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmm, maybe if you did all the work yourself you wouldnt have these problems
Old 06-12-2002, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Forced Induction Focking Sucks!!! (93LSivic)

Doing the work yourself doesn't make anything better if you do a shitty job . I had mine professionally done by competent people and I run perfect.

I feel for your turbo-teg... just keep yourself together and get through these bad times... your just having the worst luck with things I'm sorry man

Heres a
Old 06-12-2002, 10:05 AM
Trial User

how big is your oil return line? The oil could backup into the turbo and the extra pressure could blow the seals...

I let my turbo car sit for a week straight wtihout firing it up.. once i dropped oil in the car (out for a pan repair) it leaked for a few minutes till the seals got wet again.. not had a problem since...

i panicked when i saw oil on the side of the DP and flange.. and exhaust.. but after a few minutes.. it fell off to nothing....

take the turbo off, send it to majestic or turbonetics and have them take a look at it, replace seals or whatever.. then PUT it back on by yourself..

it's much better than trying to figure out what andhow the mechanic did it.... save yourself some cash/labor dollars...
Old 06-12-2002, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Forced Induction Focking Sucks!!! (GSRwBOOST)

My return line is just leaky and drips on everything below it etc after a while... I don't lose much oil at all and check frequently but still having that leaky house sucks ***.... I need earl/AN fitting setup soon
Old 06-12-2002, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Forced Induction Focking Sucks!!! (maddskilzz)

....And by the way, Forced induction does not suck
I second that, but I have no money so turbo is a no go right now...
Old 06-12-2002, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

blown oil seal happened to me about 2 yrs ago.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:45 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Forced Induction Focking Sucks!!! (shadowdawn)

First you say

Doing the work yourself doesn't make anything better if you do a shitty job . I had mine professionally done by competent people and I run perfect.
and then you say

My return line is just leaky and drips on everything below it etc after a while... I don't lose much oil at all and check frequently but still having that leaky house sucks ***.... I need earl/AN fitting setup soon

not so perfect eh?
Old 06-12-2002, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Forced Induction Focking Sucks!!! (falconGSR)

Almost everyone with a STOCK drag3 or rev hard kit has a leaky return line... no turbo kit comes with the earl/AN fittings, so they made do with what the kit has and told me about leaky problems... Do a poll on this board with people that have oil return line issues... its one of THEE most common problems with turbo no matter what kit you have...

Your right caught me up saying 2 different things sort of.... I guess it would be pointless to say besides that issue I'm running fine... look at other people having all these wacky problems. Thats all I'm attempting to say.
Old 06-12-2002, 11:22 AM

It doesn't look like it is the return line - but that is getting replaced anyway! I just don't understand the lack of power before and the slow 1/4 times - Shadow, our numbers are very close, is it because of the Auto that we are losing so much power? WTF
Old 06-12-2002, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's the transmission. Pathetic gearing, torque converter slips like a ****, tons of power loss....
Old 06-12-2002, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Forced Induction Focking Sucks!!! (dustin)

I know my times are what they are because I did my runs in D4, or in other words allowing 3rd to shift to 4th WAY before 7000rpms... If I did the runs in D3 it would be a different story.

Dustin is basically right more or less, torque converter eats alot of power and gearing sucks... but we are more then capable of hitting 14's at least, given better launching and tuning etc...
Old 06-12-2002, 11:32 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

sorry man i wasnt pickin on you. i am going 100% custom, and if my stuff leaks, then i will be sad.

i didnt know that all the kit oil return lines leaked