Notices

Emissions Time for my Turbo Type R (Need advise)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emissions Time for my Turbo Type R (Need advise)

Ok, I need to go for my emissions test in the Chicago suburbs and I don't think I am going to pass. I have a Hondata ECU and I will list my setup. Its a 2000 Acura Integra Type R.

Hondata s200b
580cc Injectors
AEM Fuel Rail
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
Thermal 3" Exhaust System
High-Flow Cat
T3/04e Turbo (rev hard kit)
Intercooler
6lbs - 10lbs of boost

Since it is an OBD II car I know they will just plug it into the ECU and not put it on the rollers. However, i have the hondata. So what are the things i need to do to pass. Thanks for all your advise.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Emissions Time for my Turbo Type R (Boosted R 25)

i had a turbo d with a highflow cat and it did not pass, i went to catco and got a new cat just to test with and it passed with flying colors......also autozone sells a product called "guaranteed to pass" which made my buddies mr2 pass and that thing is a pos with a bad head gasket and it spits out purple exhaust.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

turn the boost alll the way down n use your obd2 computer for the obd2 readyness test. you will also need a rear o2 and a decent cat.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Emissions Time for my Turbo Type R (forced00si)

or you take 2 nice $100 bills and ask some buddies who does "guaranteed pass" inspections

I knew for ******* sure my car wasnt passing emmissions running rich and open downpipe, instead of putting on an exhaust and all this work I found out who did illegal setups (was actually easy to find someone) went down to his shop and asked for an appointment, showed him my car and said

"How much for my car to PASS emmissions and safety and certification"

"$315 n tax would cover everything"

"Bitchin"

saved a lot of time/money and hassle and my little Honda was happy to not be run with a cat, mother nature loves me to
Old 01-18-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Emissions Time for my Turbo Type R (forced00si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by forced00si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">turn the boost alll the way down n use your obd2 computer for the obd2 readyness test. you will also need a rear o2 and a decent cat.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know they won't even bother putting it on the rollers, so that is not the problem. They are just going to plug something into my ECU, but i have heard that I need my Stock ECU. Then if i do that, I need to put my stock Injectors back in. Is there a way around all this?
Old 01-18-2005, 05:35 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

Your best bet is to probably pay someone off to pass your emssions for you. This is exactly why I stayed OBD-I.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:31 AM

Default Re: (DaX)

I love florida!
Old 01-18-2005, 07:51 AM

Default Re: (civicflnum1)

Other than paying someone off, what do i have to do. I was pretty sure i would have to switch to my stock ECU and change out to the stock injectors and then just not boost the car when driving it. However, is there anyway i can do less to the car and pass? (other than paying someone off). Thanks.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boosted R 25)

you will pretty much have to take everything off your car. my friend had to do it when he came back in town in late November. he had to put back on the stock manifold and use the old ecu. his inectors were fine though and he used the same ehxuast because its to the ecu anyway. hopefully you wont throw any codes the first time you start it up.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

run obd 2 ecu
take spring out of wastegate so you won't see boost
Old 01-18-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

When you take off your injectors and go back to your stock ecu I can possibly see this working to pass emissions, but I dont know how OBD1 cars work on boost with the stock ecu

To avoid them seeing any boost on the dyno you can take out your wastegate and maybe install some check valves

Im assuming you have a dumptube right? Are they gonna have to check the emissions from both put together?

**** I dunno how that works man, much less hassle to pay someone off

Dont think its hard and a huge huge criminal act, if you ask around at a car meet youll easily find a nice guy that does it
Old 01-18-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Re: (W O T)

or even ask on here, make a new screen name if you please
Old 01-18-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: (W O T)

I read something about a guy in CT i believe who got busted for bribing someone i think the minimum punishment included jail time.... I will try to find the article again and post it later. Good luck all with emissions, i am going to have to deal with shitty obd-2 soon as well
Old 01-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nate951)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nate951 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I read something about a guy in CT i believe who got busted for bribing someone i think the minimum punishment included jail time.... I will try to find the article again and post it later. Good luck all with emissions, i am going to have to deal with shitty obd-2 soon as well</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah but places here are known for being crooked to raise money for political campaigns. did you hear of the white woman that convert to the muslim faith that took the driver license with the vail on and got busted in some other state? that was right by my house. if you arent SURE you can go around it like that then def. dont take the chance of just doing it when you walk in and fail, that not a good calculated risk
Old 01-18-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: (luti)

http://www.eintoday.com/newsle...e.htm

" CT DMV said Mucka was charged with criminal attempt to commit bribery, a felony punishable by no less than one year nor more than five years in jail and the possibility of a $5,000 fine"

there's the details....

I'll take the time to change my injectors, ecu, and pop out the wastegate spring (not sure what u internally gated guys can do)
Old 01-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boosted R 25)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosted R 25 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Other than paying someone off, what do i have to do. I was pretty sure i would have to switch to my stock ECU and change out to the stock injectors and then just not boost the car when driving it. However, is there anyway i can do less to the car and pass? (other than paying someone off). Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

a buncha ppl said it already

put stock ecu and injectors back in, take out the wg spring, and then drive there and get inspected. if u didnt delete ur 2ndary o2 sensor, and ur not throwin codes after u put ur stock ecu back in, u should pass fine..

Old 01-18-2005, 07:58 PM

the easiest way to do this is to pay someone, otherwise you are going to have to take a lot of things off and it still might not even pass.

the best way to find out a person to go to get a "paid" inspection is to ask some people you trust at meets or performance shops.

i know of people where i live that do it and i found out by asking people who don't pass and see where they go, so if you know other people who don't pass, see where they go

$300 plus is a lot for this type of thing (at least here) i know of a guy who does it for like $50-70

anyway, good luck whatever you choose to do
Old 01-18-2005, 08:08 PM

get a p.o. box in a county that doesnt have e-check... dunno if itd work, but heard it might...
Old 01-19-2005, 06:26 AM

Default Re: (94whtgsr)

So basically (Aside from paying someone off), replacing the stock ecu and injectors, taking out the wg spring, and making sure i have the o2 sensor is the simplest way to go about passing?
Old 01-19-2005, 06:30 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Emissions Time for my Turbo Type R (pimpintyperintegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pimpintyperintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the easiest way to do this is to pay someone, otherwise you are going to have to take a lot of things off and it still might not even pass.

the best way to find out a person to go to get a "paid" inspection is to ask some people you trust at meets or performance shops.

i know of people where i live that do it and i found out by asking people who don't pass and see where they go, so if you know other people who don't pass, see where they go

$300 plus is a lot for this type of thing (at least here) i know of a guy who does it for like $50-70

anyway, good luck whatever you choose to do </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know someone that works at an tune up shop that has an emissions place. The guy that runs the machine will do the guaranteed pass for about $125. It's a bit of a drive from where I live though, but well worth it for someone in your shoes. Get to know people!
Old 01-19-2005, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Without knowing the exact testing procedure (visual and data acquisition), it's difficult to give advice. If I were in your shoes, I'd research those procedures, and then map out a course of action. I would definitely replace the stock ECU and injectors, force open the wastegate so no boost is created, and take care of any major visual problems (if they check that). Make sure the car is fully capable of functioning in closed loop, and take it for a nice ride on the expressway before testing. All in all, you are in for a busy day, but then you'll be good for a year, so it's worth it.

You could always move here to Michigan where we have no emissions testing..

Good luck with it.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ForceFedDetroit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ForceFedDetroit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You could always move here to Michigan where we have no emissions testing..

Good luck with it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Places I want to move to with my Modded Honda
1) Florida
2) MICH. now added.

holla!
Old 01-19-2005, 05:25 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Also I don't think they do emission testion anywhere in GA that isn't in the metro-atlanta area.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civicflnum1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicflnum1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I love florida! </TD></TR></TABLE>