Notices

Difference when checking oil level and blue smoke when taking off a gas

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference when checking oil level and blue smoke when taking off a gas

Hy!

This is my first topic on this forum. I've been reading it for few months now, but today I finally decide to register and ask some things that are interesting for me. I'm from Europe, not so many people have Honda cars with turbo here, so it's hard to ask somebody something specific about it

First at all, few words about my setup:
- B16A2 (VTi engine) year 1998
- pre-connector OBD2-OBD1
- OBD1 ECU
- spark plugs NGK Iridium BKR7E11
- HP Style 0.057" thickness head gasket
- head (ported and polished)
- intake manifold (ported and polished)
- sport lamella (without springs)
- lightened flywheel (-1.5 kg)
- LSD
- Greddy turbo kit with blue-box electronics
- Intercooler
- Blitz blow-off valve

I am running on 0.3 bar boost (default), but when I'm on drag race, I open it to 0.55 bar (I figured out on turbo timer that with 0.6 bar air/fuel ratio is going up, maybe 310 inj. are not dealing with it).

Engine has 85.000 km now (about 7.000 km with turbo).

First I would like to ask, why there is a difference in oil level, when I'm checking it. I leave my car in garage for a night and in the morning I usually check oil level. I've done this yesterday and it was almost nothing on indicatior left (about 1.5 l of oil was missing, but I didn't had any oil there, so I went at work and back to home. But today I checked again, level was normal (almost at maximum). Where this oil goes sometimes? I always wait few seconds when I turn off the engine (and when I am pushing on the gas - turbo timer usually turns off the engine).

Second question is about blue smoke in the back when I am taking off the gas pedal. This strange thing only happen, when I am driving hard, when I am accelerating everything is normal and ok, and sometimes (only sometimes) when I take off a gas pedal and leave the engine that it brakes alone, I see a blue smoke in the back. It's really strange, because this only happens sometime and only when I take off a gas pedal.

And the last one is about my setup. In your opinion, is there anything that you would change. And I still don't have new exhaust (only stock one without catalyst and rear dampfer) - what fi do you suggest?

I would be really happy if somebody will help me to answer on this questions.

Bye for now!

Uros
Old 08-25-2004, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Difference when checking oil level and blue smoke when taking off a gas (urosbe)

Any ideas?