Notices

bov vacuum line help...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bov vacuum line help...

alright just boosted my 99 civic hx and runnin the 7 psi spring in the wastegate... and the knock off hks bov but it dont have an adjustment screw.. and i got it teed to the pcv line and its barley openin like its barley workin... do u think i should run it somewhere else or what??? i dont wanna get a vacuum manifold, been way to late for that lol
Old 01-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bov vacuum line help...

im thinkin maybe teein it to the brake booster...
Old 01-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone???
Old 01-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the smaller lines seem to work better for me anywhere on the intake manifold as long as its behind the throttle body it should work... but if its a knock off its going to be hit or miss but most likely miss lol
Old 01-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think it is the bov cause only the purple point opens up... not the part that says the sequintal blow off valve (i know i spelt it wrong.. whatever)
Old 01-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had a knockoff too. Didnt work I tee'd it off the brake booster and didnt open.

I got a different one and i just plugged it to a spare small port on the manifold and to the tee on the brake booster and both worked perfectly. Its YOUR BOV.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright... well i still hear it... but i mean its barely... and now im sure a book leak dont help either... just seen today the gasket that goes from the manifold to the turbo blew out.... yayyy..... ughhhh
Old 01-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As long as you don't hear compressor surge you should be ok then. Yep sh*t happens lol I just finished boosting my d16 in my crx a week ago and I cracked the housing on the turbo :/ lol
Old 01-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i havent heard a surge yet, and im prollly gonna take that gasket off in a day or two... i love my d16y5... its a quick lil SOB... with the turbo on im spinnin through 2nd, with the boost leak... so i cant wait til its actually pushes 7 psi... oh, an opinion though, if u got any knock off bov, what would u get (might still get another lol)... i want a type s.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The only reason I ever bought the knockoff was because originally bought a black edition knockoff for 50 bucks on their. The seller advertised it was authentic and something about the diaphragm on the inside being some different color and thus it was authentic. I used this BOV on my ls turbo and was perfect.

Now when I turbo'ed my d16 I got a different knockoff since it was really cheap and had good reviews and didn't work. Im working with the seller to get a refund. But I found the link to the black one and idk if you wanna take the risk again of it not working. Its all up to you. I went cheap and paid twice.

Heres the one i've used before and worked fine.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Old 01-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just ripped the damn blown gasket out and made less of a boost leak and heard it a lil better... i still gotta fix a couple things though, and still a boost leak, it dont sound too bad now though... but a want it louder
Old 01-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey, i had this issue with my egay bov as well and i fixed it.

run the bov vac line to the manifold directly. it has the strongest vac signal. any where you tap for vac before the manifold wont work as well (as experienced).

i have my bov and boost gauge on the same line. and my WG is hooked up to the turbine housing.

after i switched it i got a WOOSH instead of a pshpshpshpshh.

as for how loud it is, its just the design and placement of the bov. if you want louder , might have to get another bov
Old 01-10-2011, 02:51 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Can you post up your setup with pics. I'm goin back and forth on boosting my daily its an hx too with the y5. As for the bov. To check it take it off or put a vacume gauge on it and see if it opens and closes. All its doing is working off pressure so before you just throw money away on a new one test the one you have first. I got the same one if its the flat black one. Mine isn't fake though. But I tapped my manifold went to home depot bought some nipples put them in jb welded around it and it works perfect. Post pics!!
Old 01-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i fixed it... it was a major *** boost leak.. the car is faster than ever b4 and since the wastegate vents to atmosphere it sounds awesome then the bov is cool, but either way i just got a type s bov and flange so now ill have 2 so if i get bored with 1 bov, ill just put the other on still thanks for the info and help yal