Notices

Boost problem with friends turbo type r

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost problem with friends turbo type r

Having a problem with my friends integra. He has a 2000 itr which he bought about a year ago. The car has a Turbo XS boost controller which I'm not completly sure if you call it a dual stage boost controller because it has a High and low boost setting. For the first time he switched it over to the High boost setting (9 psi) last week and a few days later the car is only building up around 4 pounds of boost. So far I have sprayed down every single part of the pressure side of the turbo system and cannot find any leaks the boost gauge is reading neagtive 25 psi at idle which is about right I would think. For some reason though I dont think im testing for leaks the right way because I dont think there is any pressure on the system at idle. Any advice im pretty sure it's a boost leak but im not completly sure on how to test it.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boost problem with friends turbo type r (TheBlackCrx)

hmmm just a quick thought, but what type of gauge is he running!? I have a gauge spin the needle on me a little, and it was reading like 10-15 vaccuum at idle, and I thought my mottor was messed up. Low and behold the needle jsut spun a little somehow.

The car should really only be sucking around 20 vaccuum. so if u take the 5 of the vacuum that the gauge is reading wrong and add it to the 4psi that is on the gauge under boost u will have your 9 psi.....correct!?

Just my personal experience and my thought...

LMK what's up
Old 11-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Boost problem with friends turbo type r (TheBlackCrx)

you probably wont find a leak on the cold side of the turbo unless you cap the inlet on the turbo and cap the tube before it goes into the throttlebody then put shop air into it.

how does the car feel at 4 psi? does it seem sluggish? if it does chances are there is a boost leak. go over all the couplers and make sure they arent ripped.