Notices

Apexi Avcr = Brain Fart

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi Avcr = Brain Fart

Hello everyone once again. I just recently received my avcr and i am very impressed with all the things it does but i am also dumb founded. I ve read the manual and did quite a bit of searching and still havent found my answer. I was hoping that someone on here might be using the same unit and can help me out. I have a Tial 38mm waste and i know it goes from the top of the wastegate to the COM on the solenoid valve but i dont know if to use the NO or the NC. And if i have to connect it before the throttle boy on the intercooler piping or after on the intake manifold. Someone told me to use the Com from solenoid to the top of wastegate and NC to side of wastegate and " T " to nipple vacuum on turbo. I dont know if this is correct someone please help. I'm pretty sure someone on here has one on their boosted integra or civic.If you got pics even better, Thanks Everyone
Old 04-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Apexi Avcr = Brain Fart

Someone please help I just want to know how the solenoid goes setup, if I use the nc or no
Old 04-30-2011, 02:16 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by dcrboost
Hello everyone once again. I just recently received my avcr and i am very impressed with all the things it does but i am also dumb founded. I ve read the manual and did quite a bit of searching and still havent found my answer. I was hoping that someone on here might be using the same unit and can help me out. I have a Tial 38mm waste and i know it goes from the top of the wastegate to the COM on the solenoid valve but i dont know if to use the NO or the NC. And if i have to connect it before the throttle boy on the intercooler piping or after on the intake manifold. Someone told me to use the Com from solenoid to the top of wastegate and NC to side of wastegate and " T " to nipple vacuum on turbo. I dont know if this is correct someone please help. I'm pretty sure someone on here has one on their boosted integra or civic.If you got pics even better, Thanks Everyone
It is similar to the Greddy Profec B Spec II series as it uses a similar boost pressure sensor.

You don't use the NO port. The COM port is for the top of the wastegate, the NC is used to connect either to the compressor housing or a Vaccum block that is connected to the brake booster. (At worst you can use the intake manifold as a vacuum source. )

It is ok to "T" the NC hose to the bottom of the wastegate and the pressure source if absolutely necessary.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
It is ok to "T" the NC hose to the bottom of the wastegate and the pressure source if absolutely necessary.
I have done this when I connected my AVCR. and it has been good for my use
Old 05-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys your info is greatly appreciated.