Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

OFFICIAL EXPO 5 North West Region Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFFICIAL EXPO 5 North West Region Caravan

I haven't seen an official thread for one yet so I thought I'd help out Aquafina and start one.

For me, my car should be done before the expo and I'm seriously considering going since my car will still be on the mainland. At any rate, I'm about 90% going and would like to get a list of people together who are going and we can rally the **** out of the highways on the way there. I also have several family members living in various states on the way to camp in yard, eat all their food, use up all their towels...etc.

As I get a better idea of who's going I'll start planning meeting places for caravans from other areas to meet up at so we're not inconveniencing one-another. Happy trails bitches! Go to Expo 5 or die!

Aloha,
Brandon - I can edit a nice video on Final Cut Pro 4 or Final Cut Pro HD.....if anyone feels like making a video.

ITINERARY:ITINERARY:ITINERARY:ITINERARY
Two day drive
1)We will meet at the Issaquah Krispy Kream (Eastern Issaquah) at 6:45 a.m. May25th.
***To get to the meeting spot, take I-90 East and take the Hobart Issaquah/East Lake Sammamish exit. At the the stop light take a left and drive under the interstate. Krispy will be a 1/4 mile on the right.
2)LEG ONE - The Caravan will leave Issaquah at 7:30a.m. (giving ample time for other drivers to show up) and drive to the Devils Tower, Wyoming KOA camp.
***Estimated Driving Time. 16hrs 30min. 1095 miles. Following Brando - 14hrs 00min
http://www.mapquest.com/direct...=&2ah=

3)Break camp 6:30am. On the road by 7:30am. May 26th.
4)LEG TWO. The Caravan will leave Devils Tower, Wyoming at 7:30am. and drive to Pacific Junction, Iowa.
***Estimated Driving Time. 9hrs 49min. 647miles. Following Brando - 8hrs 15min
http://www.mapquest.com/direct...=&2ah=

**EDIT: OMAHA NEBRASKA STARBUCKS COFFEE LOCATIONS**
http://www.starbucks.com/retai...tates

I'm a machine and have driven across the Unites States about 12 times so driving 12 plus hours is nothing for me. I feel it would be much better to to the biggest push we can on the first day, then relax the next day and have ample time to explore the camp in Pacific Junction and get squared away, start tuning....etc. If anyone should have any questions feel free to post, IM or call my cell phone. 808-342-5003.

ATTENTION: The co-pilot seat has been filled by White Rocket, the Canadian that says "eh?". All co-pilot interviewing will now be closed. Thank you for applying.

Modified by Haleiwa-Brando at 7:13 PM 3/1/2005
Old 01-03-2005, 08:31 PM
* B A N N E D *

my car will slay u like no other
Old 01-03-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL EXPO 5 North West Region Caravan (Haleiwa-Brando)

BAM!

Brandon If you come ya gotta stash some of the local fruit so I could try some

That's kickass that your going to try to come!!!!

How many people are going to let him swim over and then drive by himself?
Old 01-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ROFL COPTER)

Oh by the way: The passenger Recaro SRD will be vacant for those of you who want to co-pilot. Of coarse you have to be funny, own a good cd collection, be good with a camera and chip in for gas. Any takers?

Aloha,
Brandon
Old 01-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Haleiwa-Brando)

Im in Spokane, east of Seattle. you will be driving thru spokane via I-90 on the way to expo, ill roll with ya
Old 01-03-2005, 09:30 PM

Trying to decide if I want to drive the Supra from Seattle (and then on to Toronto) or another car from Toronto...

/me scratches head.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (98DC2R)

if i wasn't driving my car... i might offer to co pilot

if i wasn't driving my car from NE (hopefully with the NE caravan)... i'd join up with the NWers

hope to see you out there hawaii-brandonman!
Old 01-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quick6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quick6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Trying to decide if I want to drive the Supra from Seattle or another car from Toronto...

/me scratches head. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you KNOW you want to spank the honduhs with your F&F BPU SUP DAWWWWWG
Old 01-03-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: (penpen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by penpen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you KNOW you want to spank the honduhs with your F&F BPU SUP DAWWWWWG </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol. I can do that at PR whenever I want...

Seriously though... it'd be fun to actually drive the AE86 out and see how it fares prior to OTC.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If anyone cares, check out http://www.itrca.com and look at the total amount of people who have paid for Expo 5. If people dont start paying, including myself, this will not be a reality and the Expo will be cancelled. Now I understand that you can use the $300.00 for something better right now (like that 8th of weed or a nice dinner on your stupid girlfriend...), but let's also remember that the fee is totally refundable and will also bring the Expo one step closer to actually happening when YOU pay. Not to mention all the people who have been trying to make this happen will potentially have donated their time in vein. Now, I think that's pretty disrespectful if you ask me. What fun would it be to donate my time, to have a bunch of people talk about the expo but never pay for it, then bitch about how they missed it. See what I'm saying?

I'm in Hawaii, and me coming, is going to cost about 2 grand, so you people on the main land have nothing to bitch about. I feel racing around a closed course and meeting all you ******* in person and puting a face to the name is worth much more than it's weight in gold, when compared to 2 grand. Not to mention all the memories that will be made when driving to Expo, the Expo its self and driving home.

Stop being a lazy ***** and send in your money. Ask yourself what's the hold up? As car guys and girls ( hi penpen ) we need this. We need to burn rubber, waste gas for no environmentally-friendly reason at all, we need to sleep in tents with strangers of like mindedness, we need to get **** faced drunk and do stuff we normally wounldn't do back home. We all need this. Stop being a boreing ***** and lets do Expo!

Aloha,
Brandon - who is waiting for paycheck this week to send in entry fee for driving at Expo.

Pretty please click on the link and pay if you haven't already: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1102683
Old 01-04-2005, 04:51 PM
FSAE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just paid

I will be taking the R in a closed trailer, so I might be slowing down any caravan if its like the Supra caravans I'm used to

But I'm down for any sort of group effort
Old 01-04-2005, 06:21 PM

Brandon -- Don't know if you were flaming me or what, but I'm all paid up, bro.

Now I just need to figure out which of 3 cars to drive. lol
-Chris ...only non-honda on the list
Old 01-04-2005, 06:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: OFFICIAL EXPO 5 North West Region Caravan (Bbasso)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bbasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BAM!

Brandon If you come ya gotta stash some of the local women so I could try some

That's kickass that your going to try to come with your ladies!!!!

How many girls in swimsuits are going to [] swim over and then pose with our cars?

My hotel room is 112.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Grammar corrected.

And thumbs-up to the West Coast caravan!
Old 01-04-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL EXPO 5 North West Region Caravan (Chris F)

Errrr... NICE!
Old 01-04-2005, 08:11 PM

Lets r0ll y0!
Old 01-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Re: (opie)

Remember you'll be on a fresh engine Brandon so take it easy.

For those who need a ride, I'd take up Brandons offer...500whp ITR for the price of some gas.......

Glad to see my late night moo-juice Pm rants have taken affect on you.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Aquafina)

Let's do this! Pay up or die! I cancelled all my online **** subscriptions, sold my PS2 and all my games (30) so I can go. I don't want to be the only Type R on the road going that way. Don't make me drive by myself. That would be fucked up.

Hey, I know every state patrol hiding point along I-90 all the way through Washington, Idaho and Montana. I also know some good places to stop and get some gut rot along the way.

Aloha,
Brandon
Old 01-05-2005, 06:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Haleiwa-Brando &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, I know every state patrol hiding point along I-90 all the way through Washington, Idaho and Montana.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn, man. You're hardcore. I only know the hot spots between Seattle and Spokane. Sounds like a good time with the FRS... hope someone has a Valentine 1.

I have friends in Spokane and Missoula though if we decide to stop.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:17 PM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quick6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn, man. You're hardcore. I only know the hot spots between Seattle and Spokane. Sounds like a good time with the FRS... hope someone has a Valentine 1.

I have friends in Spokane and Missoula though if we decide to stop. </TD></TR></TABLE>
fyi, brandon was gonna be a cop
Old 01-05-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: (ROFL COPTER)

WA residents, paid and stuff:
quick 1994 Toyota Supra White WA Paid
92TypeR 1997 Acura Integra Type-R CW WA Paid

WA residents, pending:
98DC2R 98 Acura Integra Type R CW WA Pending

No one from CA, HI, NV, OR... I KNOW there's someone from Cali that's going to sign up!!!

-Chris
Old 01-05-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: (Chris F)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris F &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WA residents, paid and stuff:
quick 1994 Toyota Supra White WA Paid </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah. I actually talked it over with my co-driver for OTC and I'm 99% sure I'll just bring the AE86. Then he can run in a different session than me and get some seat time in the car (he lives in Fargo) prior to OTC.

Hope that's ok, Chris.
-Chris ("quick" at itrca, supraforums, etc & "quick6" here)
Old 01-05-2005, 06:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quick6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hope that's ok, Chris.
-Chris ("quick" at itrca, supraforums, etc & "quick6" here)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool! Is it fast?
[e] Too many Chrises, Chris's, or Chriss if you prefer.

Modified by Chris F at 10:17 PM 1/5/2005
Old 01-05-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: (Chris F)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris F &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cool! Is it fast?</TD></TR></TABLE>

That all depends on the driver. It's a momentum car.

Certainly it's nowhere near as fast as the Supra in the straights. With ~100bhp vs. ~400bhp there's not much comparison. It is as fast through the turns as the Supra with me on one track day, untuned suspension (on full soft w/o swaybars yet), no LSD, crap tires, and no weight reduction. Hehehe. So it has potential.

...and hopefully it's competitive with the Type R's once I get the suspension tuned, LSD installed, and some good street tires. I won't be running R-comps until after OTC so that I can get used to the car. Only had it out for one track day so far vs. ~12 with the Supra.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bring the Hachi....better yet, bring the supra. I'd like to see if it can keep up with my aaaRRRRR!

Hahaha. This is going to be great. I could care less if Type R's go or not. Just want people to go.

Aloha,
Brandon
Old 01-05-2005, 07:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Haleiwa-Brando &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bring the Hachi....better yet, bring the supra. I'd like to see if it can keep up with my aaaRRRRR!</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you have 500whp I'd need race gas to keep up on the highway.

But as for the track... haven't had a problem keeping up with any Hondas/Acuras since my 4th track day or so. Although Big Phat R and I never had a chance to go toe-to-toe because two of my ^%@#$& wheel studs broke in the beginning of the session just as he was going to put his R-comps on.

Spikey and the folks from A&J Racing had some damn fast cars. Only reason I pulled on then was that I know the track a little better and I have a little more power for the straights.

Now in the wet it's a different story. lol.

Too bad you're not out here more often, Brandon. It'd be fun to hit PR with you. We have a good group that we run with whever possible (fso_BamBam, penpen, Spikey, Big Phat R, et al).

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL EXPO 5 North West Region Caravan