Car is losing injector ms and lean cutting??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 Car is losing injector ms and lean cutting??

I am new to the honda game and have a turbo b18 and when it hits full boost it starts losing injector ms and its causing it to lean cut. The car was tuned recently and was running good and this just started happening. Has anyone experienced something like this and any ideas on what could be causing it?
Old 04-28-2024, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 806 Likes on 746 Posts
Default Re: Car is losing injector ms and lean cutting??

Originally Posted by jessejames309
I am new to the honda game and have a turbo b18 and when it hits full boost it starts losing injector ms and its causing it to lean cut. The car was tuned recently and was running good and this just started happening. Has anyone experienced something like this and any ideas on what could be causing it?
What do you mean by "it starts losing injector ms" ??? How much is "full boost" ??? Is this the same PSI as when the car was tuned ? Tunes don't change themselves, so unless you got in there with your laptop and started mucking with things... the problem is in your car. Something changed... meaning either you swapped some part or parts OR something is broken.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
What do you mean by "it starts losing injector ms" ??? How much is "full boost" ??? Is this the same PSI as when the car was tuned ? Tunes don't change themselves, so unless you got in there with your laptop and started mucking with things... the problem is in your car. Something changed... meaning either you swapped some part or parts OR something is broken.
i havent touched the tune, in the data log it shows injector ms (which ive read is pulse width measured in milliseconds?) dropping from 8.xxms to 7.xxms while i am still wide open and goes from 11.1 to 15.5 afr as soon as the injector starts to drop and its hitting lean cut. the car has boost by gear so in 2nd 10lbs 3rd 15psi and 4th 20 psi but it will do it in any gear. the only thing i have changed is new coils from ebay tel 's to napa duralast coils and it broke a key on the balancer but replaced with a one piece key and new balancer the car didnt run long after the key broke and we looked in the cylinders with a borescope and it doesnt show any signs of valves smacking pistons. i know its probably a mechanical issues in just wondering if it sounds like gummed up injectors or a wiring issue with the injectors.
Old 04-29-2024, 03:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 275 Likes on 263 Posts

Deff get your Injectors flow tested and cleaned to rule that out, Also check the wiring but you might have a injector thats clogged or poor flow. Also look into the burton racing fuel pump relay.

Fuel Pump Upgrade Harness – Burton-Racing