Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Idle problem I haven't seen asked about yet.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 07:14 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle problem I haven't seen asked about yet.

I think I've read just about all about the FITV and IACV threads out there regarding idle issues, but haven't seen any with my particular problem. It's almost not even a "problem, rather than something that's happening that shouldn't be and I want to know how to correct it.

2001 CR-V EX auto B20Z2 2.0L

My cold start fast idle is normal, at about 1500-1800 rpm's. It does not really surge or bounce, but the idle will not drop at all once the car is up to operating temp. ONLY when I shut the car off and restart it (obviously still warm) will the idle jump up and come back down to normal (500-700 rpm's). So my question is why does it take a restart for the idle to be corrected where it should be at operating temp? What significance would a restart have in the whole idling system (i.e. IACV, FITV)?

I've tried:
IACV - Cleaned
FITV - tried adjusting white plastic screw many times along with testing the brass end with a lighter and verifying that it closes when warmed up. Plugged 7 o'clock hole on throttle body when cold and warm with no difference - still has suction. Which with what I've read so far, I shouldn't really have any suction at all once the car is warm, but plugging the hole at any point has no affect. Only thing that has ANY affect is when I restart the car, then the idle is as it should be. What affect would a restart have on the FITV if any?