Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

Good Method of Painting Interior Plastics? **NOT A RICER THREAD PLEASE READ**

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 01:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (CapnKrunch)

Do you have a old mavica fd7 camera or something?

Looks nice though, Its surprising how nice panels turn out though isn't it.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (snowseeker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by snowseeker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you have a old mavica fd7 camera or something?

Looks nice though, Its surprising how nice panels turn out though isn't it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha I took the photo's with my Motorola Q cell phone's camera.

Thanks, yeah everything looks
Old 01-07-2008, 05:42 AM

<U>To those who have done this and or have it currently</U>

this stuff looks like it would be a good idea, im just skeptical on the reliability of it for long time periods. How does it handle to the heat and sun? What about water, or fading?

What about cleaning these pieces that are painted. Can you use the regular cleaners that you buy out in the auto shops on this or not? The armor type wipes... [/B]
Old 01-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EliteCivicX)

I never have taken solvents to my interior, besides for the paint prep. Just use a damp (with water) cloth and wipe everything down.

I never liked the armor all slimmy filmy residue.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by snowseeker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I never have taken solvents to my interior, besides for the paint prep. Just use a damp (with water) cloth and wipe everything down.

I never liked the armor all slimmy filmy residue.</TD></TR></TABLE>

X2
Old 01-07-2008, 08:14 PM

Default Re: (CapnKrunch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by snowseeker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I never liked the armor all slimmy filmy residue.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EliteCivicX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How does it handle to the heat and sun? What about water, or fading?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I haven't seen SEM'd interior in person but looks like it's worth the shot.
As far as PPG stuff, it will last about 5-6years according to my painter (been in the game for over 10years).
Old 01-10-2008, 01:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (SneezinCD5)

wow this is nica and giving me some ideas

what is ut exactl /care to explain the application process (i read the first page and skipped to reply)

and does it work on leather or whatve the hell accord door panels are made of
Old 01-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (361 accord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 361 accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow this is nica and giving me some ideas

what is ut exactl /care to explain the application process (i read the first page and skipped to reply)

and does it work on leather or whatve the hell accord door panels are made of</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or you could just go back and read.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by snowseeker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Or you could just go back and read. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol no homo

llook at the post time haha
Old 01-10-2008, 09:56 AM
* B A N N E D *

read this thread and looks like a great idea, might have 2 try this sometime on my dash and interrior pieces.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 361 accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol no homo

llook at the post time haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, The ppg stuff I used worked on every interior material I used it on. I cleaned everything with goo gone before painting.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:27 PM

Wow, great thread! i was considering getting my SI re-trimmed....but im cheap :D

Quick question, there seems to be two types of paint you can use...the spray can SEM stuff and PPG interior using a spray gun...which do you think is better?

Also, can you do the vinyl roof lining with this stuff? while its still in the car?
Old 01-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (m00sie)

I think both are good. No one has done a side by side comparison to know if one is better than the other and whatnot.

The dyes should work on any plastic, vinyl, ect.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone do anything in red? I was going to reupholster the top halves of my del sol door panels and rear section in red, but maybe paint will be better. What do you think?
Old 01-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what about spraying everything that you cant take off in the car? like i mean take off the airbags and such but the harder stuff to take off , couldnt you leave it on the car. Then mask everything else up to avoid overspray?
Old 01-23-2008, 09:44 PM

I used Duplicolor interior dye on my interior, i wanted full black in my civic which had gray. so i dyed EVERYTHING in the interior (besides seats and carpet of course) the results were amazing, looks like it came factory black. all i did was wash the parts i was painting with detergent, and once it dried, i used rubbing alcohol and rubbed them down (let that dry as well). and then sprayed a couple thin coats on the interior pieces, waiting about 10 min between coats (you will know when each coat is dry). just make sure its not humid or too cold out. or it wont turn out right. I don't have any pics up yet, but i would recommend it as long as you clean the parts real good first. and use flat black if you want the stock look. the gloss black looks like a permanent armor-all job, doesn't look stock. everyone thinks that i paid close to 1k at a local custom shop to have my interior dyed black. thats what they said it would cost, i spent right around $40 on everything i needed. It really works. i got the dye at advanced. some people think that since its in a spray paint can and came from advanced that its cheap and wont work. but it works great
Old 01-28-2008, 07:45 AM

ima try this ive been wanting to do this to my eg coupe
Old 01-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (StreetSoljaz)

Just picked up some Landau Black. Locally, they sell it at the Sherwin Williams Automotive Store.

I know SEM's website has a "find a distributor near you" option. Just call them to make sure they have it in stock.

I started my interior cleaning but haven't gotten to the paint yet. If you're interested, click my Integra link, now or in a week or so.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Any one try this in Blue? blue like the Ef blue interior..
Old 01-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM_rolex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_rolex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any one try this in Blue? blue like the Ef blue interior.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've used blue once before on a chevy airbag cover. It works great as well. I always use ppg though.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:50 PM

I been using the Duplicolor interior cans for years. If I have to do a dash I never remove the dash cause I'll break stuff, I just mask and spray it in the car. Works good. There is a 88 Honda Prelude 2.0Si for sale near me, its auto, but it runs good. Its $950. The reason its going cheap is because (its auto) and its a color combo nobody wants, gold with brown interior. I was thinkin, if I lowball them a $600 offer, give it a new paintjob electron blue pearl (a color EVERYBODY likes) and spray the entire interior maybe a dark blue maybe black, then it would be worth more, say $2000 or even $2500....
But I'd like to finish my current project first, a red 88 Lude, and that already has a black interior so.......
But yea I like the duplicolor stuff, its a reasonable $5 a can, not overpriced like SEMs...
Old 01-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Guys what's "PPG"?

not big into paint, i am wondering about this, i just got some brown rear speaker pods for my wagon and i need them in blue to match my wagon's interior, i want to paint them blue.. some help would be nice, like i stated above has anyone used SEM (in blue) to paint(OR dye) their interior?

thanks guys nice thread!
Old 01-31-2008, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM_rolex)

welp u guys suckered me into it (didnt take much ahah ) i just ordered 4 cans of black and 1 can plastic prep stuff, should be here in a couple of days and i will get started on doing mine
Old 01-31-2008, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dr. *****)

my car is down 4 the week and doing this, wish me luck lol. black dash for a ek thats not rhd... kinda weird, never seen it b4 so i hope i like it lol.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RC_Marsh)

Just please no yellows, light blues, oranges, neon greens, or whites people.

Quick Reply: Good Method of Painting Interior Plastics? **NOT A RICER THREAD PLEASE READ**