Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

Is this a dealer quality quarter panel replacement!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a dealer quality quarter panel replacement!?

I just posted this in the vehicle specific section but thought it would be more appropriate in this section.

I bought a 2012 TL AWD about 5 months ago, and a little over 1 month ago, an idiot backed into the car in my girlfriends driveway. Here are some pictures of the damage from that idiot:

I thought the best place to get the car repaired would be my local Acuradealer. Over a month and $8200 later, I received the car, picked it up late last week. I've been noticing little details that bother me about the repair.

The very first thing I noticed was the gas door wasn't aligned as well as it was from the factory. Then over the next couple days I noticed some more defects. I can see some very minor deflection where they joined the new quarter panel to the old one above the LR door. The gap between the trunk and quarter panel on the left side is not nearly as tight as the right side. The gap between the quarter panel and the chrome roof molding looks excessive. Then just last night, I noticed the tail light was pushed into the quarter and actually lifting the paint. Below are pictures of everything. I included a picture of the gas door however it doesn't really look bad unless you saw how it looked from the factory.

Would you accept this as a dealer quality repair if it were your car? At first, I thought to myself "well it got hit, it will never be perfect again", but now I'm starting to think that they just did a shitty job. What are your thoughts? Thanks.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this a dealer quality quarter panel replacement!?

definitely not acceptable, did they use a junkyard quarter panel or new?
I would take it back especially since they took a month, should've been 2 weeks tops depending on how busy they are
Old 07-19-2017, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this a dealer quality quarter panel replacement!?

Originally Posted by PanchoEK
definitely not acceptable, did they use a junkyard quarter panel or new?
I would take it back especially since they took a month, should've been 2 weeks tops depending on how busy they are
no, brand new quarter. Should there be any variance in the panel gaps? Is there an acceptable margin of error?