Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What REALLY goes on when you bring your car in for service??

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What REALLY goes on when you bring your car in for service??

So i found this little news clippet on Digg earlier today and thought it would be fun to share with you all. Just goes to show you to keep all of your personals and belongings out of the vehicle when its not in your possession.

the story with this guy is he had numerous problems with his local Toyota dealership rummiging through his personal things and even taking money from his vehicle. After a couple of times with the same results, he decided to put a camera in his passenger side door to get some tape of what happened. These two videos only show some snooping and taking of some change. But if you read the article that can be found here ( http://consumerist.com/5308464/video...ustomers-truck ) it also states that one of the tech's was watching **** in his truck while he was supposed to be performing maintenance on the vehicle!!!!

http://vimeo.com/5478550

http://vimeo.com/5478497

Take note to what you have in your vehicle both BEFORE and AFTER you leave your local dealer.

the things people do.......
Old 07-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What REALLY goes on when you bring your car in for service??

hahahahahaha.

oh man i read the article since the videos were down and i loooooove the #3 incident.
"so your goign to do some modeling for us?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 07-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i work at a new car dealer and this stuff doesnt happen .... at my dealer now or any previous dealer ive been at.... looks like a few idiots making a bad name for legitimate shops
Old 07-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 90Rexx
i work at a new car dealer and this stuff doesnt happen .... at my dealer now or any previous dealer ive been at.... looks like a few idiots making a bad name for legitimate shops
yeah same ^^ we are honest techs here. out of all the shops i worked at none of this ever took place.

while looking for wheel lock keys i have came across guns, weed, and even a *****. lol

but if i take out your back seats for whatever...struts fuel pump... i WILL CLAIM your change!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by waaBAAH
yeah same ^^ we are honest techs here. out of all the shops i worked at none of this ever took place.

while looking for wheel lock keys i have came across guns, weed, and even a *****. lol

but if i take out your back seats for whatever...struts fuel pump... i WILL CLAIM your change!!!

LAWLZ....agreed
Old 07-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

I've worked at the same repair shop for 9 years now and my guys and I will literally throw all of the customers' CRAP in a box and set it in the floorboard if we're doing work that requires dissassembly of any interior components, etc. Yes we've found loose change, bills, credit cards, ******, "**** Ease" solution (seriously), **** DVDs, naked pictures of girls that accompany the customer when picking the vehicle up, pistols, ammunition for various guns, open knives, etc.

I didn't watch the video, or read the story, but it doesn't surprise me. Just like it doesn't surprise me to hear about the surgeon that leaves 10 yards of gauze inside of a patient when doing surgery on him - does that mean "this is what happens when doctors operate on you!!!"

No.

Some morons at a dealership don't eqaute to "this is what happens when your car gets serviced."
Old 07-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There was the detail shop where I used to live that was run by crummy people. At least 95% of their workers were tweakers and would steal anything from you from a stick of gum to some ones wallet one time. Needless to say they got shut down. But most dealerships will not do this or they will as stated have you take everything out or put it in a box for you. I do all my own work ecept tires and suspension and they never need to be in my car other then to put it in the bay and move it out. But that is like those jiffy lube scams that happend a few years back.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:09 PM

Yeah, it really depends on how the shop is run. I work for a Cadillac dealer who is number one in the nation for sales and service. They don't hire techs like that. If you go to a dealer service department and all the service advisors are a**holes, then it's a pretty good indication that you don't wanna have your car worked on there.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remove temptation. I always remove items which can 'grow legs" and walk off.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Vietnamese!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alot goes on.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow it does happen though. i usually remove anything worth money(and money). i've even pulled the entire stereo system out of my buddies car because they left it unlocked with the key in it before overnight out in their compound. ( went in early in the morning when the owner was just getting there to open and key was in the ignition, doors unlocked)
some shops don't care because they know most people won't say boo or won't even notice.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:19 PM
New User

And im glad i was born into a car mechanic family. Never have to take it to a shop unless something horribly went wrong or i dont know how to fix it. And thats not often..lol
Old 07-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?

im not saying this happens al the time...im just sayin at THIS PLACE, what really goes on here???