Notices
Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin

Anyone here deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA? - SHOWROOM = Rusty :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA? - SHOWROOM = Rusty :(

anyone here deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA?

I bought what was supposed to be a 1 owner "showroom condition" (as described to me in an email) 1994 Honda Civic Si with 45k original miles, from them recently and it has turned into a nightmare. The carrier noticed it was rusty as soon as he put it on the truck but for some reason the dealership claimed to have not noticed. Unfortunately I didn't find out until the truck was well on it's way to my house in Pennsylvania.

The prior owner confirmed a $2k trade in value, particially due to the rust....doh...

I have spoken to the sales manager who has supposedly spoken to the owner and even after giving them written proof of their lies they have only offered to buy the car back but stick me with the $750 bill that it cost me to have it shipped here.

I was very specific when asking questions about rust and was still told the car was in SHOWROOM Condtion.....

Anyone ever deal with them? Is their customer service always like this?

I have filed a complaint with the IOWA Attorney General. Hopefully they can straighten it out.

Any other suggestions? The Rust repair estimate is $3300 locally.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone here deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA? - SHOWROOM = Rusty :( (Scot)

Yikes, sorry to hear about your experience

But I would advise you not to believe anyone saying a car coming from the upper midwest is "rust free/showroom condition". That's almost impossible
Old 04-06-2008, 04:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone here deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA? - SHOWROOM = Rusty :( (isaacDC)

I guess I have figured that out now! doh!

I was so specific in my questions though. They dinged the prior owner on trade for the rust so they flat out lied to me knowing i wasn't coming to inspect it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by isaacDC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yikes, sorry to hear about your experience

But I would advise you not to believe anyone saying a car coming from the upper midwest is "rust free/showroom condition". That's almost impossible </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone here deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA? - SHOWROOM = Rusty :( (Scot)

that is gay gay gay! never heard of them....
Old 04-07-2008, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Anyone here deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA? - SHOWROOM = Rusty :( (dinko)

sorry to hear that man, I have never heard of them but that is fing shady of them. hope you get it worked out.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That is pretty sketchy coming from a dealership, telling you lies