Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anyone deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA? "showroom" = Rusty :(

Old 04-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA? "showroom" = Rusty :(

anyone here deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA?

I bought what was supposed to be a 1 owner "showroom condition" (as described to me in an email) 1994 Honda Civic Si with 45k original miles, from them recently and it has turned into a nightmare. The carrier noticed it was rusty as soon as he put it on the truck but for some reason the dealership claimed to have not noticed. Unfortunately I didn't find out until the truck was well on it's way to my house.

The prior owner confirmed a $2k trade in value, particially due to the rust....doh...

I have spoken to the sales manager who has supposedly spoken to the owner and even after giving them written proof of their lies they have only offered to buy the car back but stick me with the $750 bill that it cost me to have it shipped here.

I was very specific when asking questions about rust and was still told the car was in SHOWROOM Condtion.....

Anyone ever deal with them? Is their customer service always like this?

I have filed a complaint with the IOWA Attorney General. Hopefully they can straighten it out.

Just a warning if you deal with them.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA? "showroom" = Rusty :( (Scot)

O ya... any suggestions to get them to either fix the car (i have a local estimate for $3300) or repurchase the car at full price plus my costs to get it to me, would be appreciated....
Old 04-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA? "showroom" = Rusty :( (Scot)

Make a big deal about it in the middle of the showroom and threaten to sue. That will scare them when the other customers start to look then demand what you want.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA? "showroom" = Rusty :( (alphalanos)

that would require him driving to Iowa. reading > you
Old 04-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd just try to get the money back. Any honda that has had rust, will rust again. Make them foot the bill for all of the shipping for sure.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Not trying to pour salt in the wounds, but why would you believe that a car from IOWA wouldn't be rusty? Snow+salt = rust

Why would you buy the car sight unseen and trust some dealership ******** in the first place?

How much did you pay for the car?

Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Anyone deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA? "showroom" = Rusty :( (B18C5-EH2)

I know my post above makes me look like a dick - that's not my intention.

Basically I think you could get your money back for the car, but not the shipping. That really wasn't their choice to ship - I guarantee that will be their argument.

It's a shitty situation.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't know, if you're looking to go through legal routes, I feel like you should already be talking to a lawyer, not H-T. See what your options are, i.e. bait and switch? fraud? Whatever. I'm not a lawyer.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I've been there a couple times picking up parts, several of the parts guys from there are autocrossers, and are on here.

I doubt they'd post about this though...
Old 04-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone deal with Randy Kuehl Honda in Cedar Rapids, IOWA? "showroom" = Rusty :( (B18C5-EH2)

I was told it was a 1 owner, 45k original miles MINT (SHOWROOM) car. After asking several questions about rust, etc.... I made the assumption that they must not have driven it in the winter....

Once I spoke to the original owner it turns out that he did drive it in the winter....doh..... and he got only got $2k on trade for it's rusty condition... . I paid $6500 for the car plus shipping... it runs fine and the interior is very very nice but like someone else stated once the rust starts it doesn't stop.

so a $2k trade in piece of **** instantly became a SHOWROOM car in the eyes of idiots!!!!

I think I would now like the dealership to fix the rust instead of offering to buy it back. they had some lame caveat to buying it back that they would need to thoroughly inspect it before paying me...hahaha.. .I am sure they would dick me around like they have already done....

They defiantely suck!!!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not trying to pour salt in the wounds, but why would you believe that a car from IOWA wouldn't be rusty? Snow+salt = rust

Why would you buy the car sight unseen and trust some dealership ******** in the first place?

How much did you pay for the car?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Trial User

6500 + shipping so around $7500 for a EG Si?!? I don't care how clean it is, that sounds very steep.

But good luck with it man, hope you get the money back.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Who cares if it has a little bit of rust.

This thing has 45k original? Fix the body and you have yourself an awesome car to build. Boost the z6!

EDIT: Just read how much you paid....ouch lol. Maybe rust sucks afterall...
Old 04-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (andoxviii)

ahahaha.. YA.. I paid a premium for my "SHOWROOM" car.... the [freak]ing estimate to fix it is $3300 to replace the rear qtr panels on each side....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by andoxviii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Who cares if it has a little bit of rust.

This thing has 45k original? Fix the body and you have yourself an awesome car to build. Boost the z6!

EDIT: Just read how much you paid....ouch lol. Maybe rust sucks afterall...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Scot)

i say get your money back and find a private seller and buy an eg from him/her that way you at least know what your getting into when you buy the car and can check it out first hand
Old 04-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[freak] that, id drive the ******[freak]er there and point it out to them "DOES THIS [freak]IN LOOK LIKE SHOWROOM CONDITION YOU [freak]IN MOOK"

and then id proceed to spit on every single person in the room, even potential buyers of other cars that happen to step in the way

Old 04-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL at paying that much for an si..
seriously.
i cant stop laughing
oh god my side hurts.
oh jesus milk coming out nose
ohgod..losing ability to ytpe

Old 04-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (instrument)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instrument &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL at paying that much for an si..
seriously.
i cant stop laughing
oh god my side hurts.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
x2222222222222222
you got ripped
Old 04-06-2008, 04:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (instrument)

I had no problem paying a premium for a MINT car. I really don't plan to drive the car much so i figured at some point it may even go up in value (or not).

of course paying $6500 for a car needing $3300 in rust repair ain't so smart!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instrument &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL at paying that much for an si..
seriously.
i cant stop laughing
oh god my side hurts.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

pics?
Old 04-06-2008, 11:32 AM

Default Re: (John M)

in hidesight, i would have asked for picturesof all the panels before i signed any papers. but i know how you feel, i paid 9 for a 00 si, said light front end damage. well took me a month to notice that the hood hangs over the front bumber by the headlight by a whole inch. and the inner fender is all crinkled up. also the paint doesnt match perfectly.. but since i signed the papers, im stuck with it. told me orignal motor, turns out to be a 92 b16, dealerships will try to dick you with everything that they can. its how they make money.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Frickr)

i actually did ask for pictures and they did upload a few to their website... they were from 15 feet away and since I had already asked every very specific detail i assumed (ahah) that it was good.....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Frickr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in hidesight, i would have asked for picturesof all the panels before i signed any papers. but i know how you feel, i paid 9 for a 00 si, said light front end damage. well took me a month to notice that the hood hangs over the front bumber by the headlight by a whole inch. and the inner fender is all crinkled up. also the paint doesnt match perfectly.. but since i signed the papers, im stuck with it. told me orignal motor, turns out to be a 92 b16, dealerships will try to dick you with everything that they can. its how they make money. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-07-2008, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dannycraq)

hahahahaha.........

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dannycraq &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[freak] that, id drive the ******[freak]er there and point it out to them "DOES THIS [freak]IN LOOK LIKE SHOWROOM CONDITION YOU [freak]IN MOOK"

and then id proceed to spit on every single person in the room, even potential buyers of other cars that happen to step in the way

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-07-2008, 04:53 AM

for a show room consition civic si.........eg.................... for 7500 ish with shipping

i expect there to be a k24/k20 turbo,

with this interior in it:

with an s2000 push button start since the ferrari ones do not have the chrome ring around the button making it look cheap.