Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Don't deal with Dublin Honda (Dublin, Ca.)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Don't deal with Dublin Honda (Dublin, Ca.)

Hey everyone, I purchased an 05 Honda Accord Hybrid from a private owner on June 9. 8 days later I met up with the previous owner @ Dublin Honda (which is 2 hours away for me) to transfer the Honda Care warranty, everything went well with the transfer. The individual who did the transfer informed me that the warranty will be updated within 2 weeks.

On the 22 June I passed by my local Honda Dealer to inquire on a car battery and check the status of the warranty, they told me the information is still under the previous owner. I called Honda Care with a status and they told me they recieved nothing and to get with Dublin Honda with a status.
I called Dublin Honda to get information but no one was available.

Here is where my beef is with them; I called and left a voice message with one of their associate on the 23 June....no call back. I called the dealership on the 24th to speak with someone....again another voice message and again no call back. It's now July 9 and I've left 6 voice messages to different associalte including the manager, still no call back or follow up. I spoke with the general manager at the dealership, he appologized and said he would personally look into this.......he did not.

I ended up calling Honda Care with this problem (on the 8 July), the concerned representative called Dublin Honda and started cracking whips, she got back with me stating this issue will be resolved with-in 5 business days (I hope) . While I like this Accord, I hate the customer service from that dealership.

Reason why I'm concerned about the warranty, until the warranty is officialy transferred, if a proplem arrises...I will have to pay out of pocket...even though there is an active warranty for this car! As high tech as this hybrid is, if something breaks it's probably going to be over $400 (parts and labor), something I can't (and shouldn't) afford right now.

Customer service in Dublin Honda is very horrible, I'm thinking about reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Don't deal with Dublin Honda (Dublin, Ca.)

Sorry to hear about that... like it is with all things, some dealerships are better than others
Old 07-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Where do you live? I used to go to Tracy Honda for all my paid work for my two Civics back then. They were great.

Dublin? as in Hwy 580/680? They are super big and sell a lot of cars, so it could just be the volume too much to handle and/or don't give a f%^$%$ about customer service when there is no need to.....Next.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:57 PM

*noted*
Old 07-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew
Where do you live? I used to go to Tracy Honda for all my paid work for my two Civics back then. They were great.

Dublin? as in Hwy 580/680? They are super big and sell a lot of cars, so it could just be the volume too much to handle and/or don't give a f%^$%$ about customer service when there is no need to.....Next.

I live in Vacaville, so Vacaville Honda is the closest for me. As for customer service, Vacaville Honda (even Steve Hopkins Honda in Fairfield) have some pretty good customer service.
The only reason I delt with Dublin Honda was because the original owner lived there and we transferred the waranty there.

I was thinking the same thing with there volume, they don't have time with small talk like me.....if I'm not buying a car they don't give a f@$k.

Last edited by R_ACE1; 07-15-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to hear that you got other dealerships you can go to (later on if needed). You mentioned BBB (not sure if you still feel the same way). Yahoo also have a Business review section. You can offer a review too. A lot of people use Yahoo to find address/phone/map.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew
Good to hear that you got other dealerships you can go to (later on if needed). You mentioned BBB (not sure if you still feel the same way). Yahoo also have a Business review section. You can offer a review too. A lot of people use Yahoo to find address/phone/map.
I sent a complaint to the BBB on Saturday, I'll send a comment to Yahoo as well. Overall I don't expect any compensation from Dublin Honda. But if I could pass my experience to other people then that's good enough for me.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

contact 800-999-1009 and press option number 7.. we'll escalate your case to the appropriate department and we'll keep the dealerships on check. normally this will get handled within 3-5 business days.
have your vin ready when you call.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by imsickofrice
contact 800-999-1009 and press option number 7.. we'll escalate your case to the appropriate department and we'll keep the dealerships on check. normally this will get handled within 3-5 business days.
have your vin ready when you call.
Thxs for the advice, I called the number (American Honda) and the offices were closed. I'll call tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:24 AM

Sorry to hear about that. I would just make a complaint to someone above them.

San Diego Auto Insurance
San Diego Car Insurance
San Diego Insurance Broker

Last edited by Mr.Insurance; 04-20-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:34 PM

i always like to involve the local news channels or notify them of the situation. when the dealerhsip hears of you doing that, i promise there will be action. perhaps others have complained with u, & they will run a article or segment on the dealerships practices. couldnt hurt....