Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring problem? (jdm itr OBD-II) into 95 ex

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring problem? (jdm itr OBD-II) into 95 ex

I've got a 99 jdm itr from HMO. It coming with RHD engine wire hareness. Its also coming with the OBD-I P30-jdm ecu. I have a 95 del sol DOHC vtech engine wire harness. I know everything will plug & play except the injectors, distributor, and alternator. HMO told me to just match the wire colors. Is this true?? Is it nessecary to change out the injector, distributor, and alternator to OBD-I. All option and approaches are need? Thank guys
Old 03-05-2003, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: wiring problem? (youngster)

all you need to swap out is obd 1 distributor,and the alternater you just have to use obd 2 alternator plug,I mean green plug.Cut the old one off and rewire with the obd 2 plug.And injectors you can use itr but you have wire it up.I think that's it,GOOD LUCK!
this is complete and utter crap. don't change out the distributor. if you want to use your obd1 harness on this obd2 motor then you might need to swap and splice the alternator plug from the obd2 harness if they are different. you will definitely need to swap and splice in the obd2 distributor plug, and you'll most likely have a couple wires left over that aren't needed for obd1.

my recommendation would be to buy a USDM ITR OBD2 engine harness, as it will plug right into your Civic intermediate harness (the plugs on the shock towers). i think you might have to swap a few ecu pins (not sure), and/or add knock wires, but i know it is plug and play that way.

-T
Old 03-05-2003, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: wiring problem? (jdm itr OBD-II) into 95 ex (turkdog)

The easiest thing would be to use a 96+ OBDII Integra GSR engine harness to make all the ITR components plug and play as well as the harness plugging into your cabin harness. You can also use an OBDI harness with all the OBDII motor components but that will require some plug splicing. No matter which approach you take, you will still need to wire up the knock sensor but that's very simple.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:01 PM

Default Re: wiring problem? (youngster)

If I use my OBD-I del sol vtec b-series harness I dont need to and the knock sensor wire correct? can you clear that part up for me? Any other issuies I might have?
Old 03-05-2003, 09:07 PM

Default Re: wiring problem? (VTECVillain)

does a engine wire harness include a intermediate harness ( the plugs your talking about on the stock tower) and if not can I buy one for a 95 del sol vtec and use that so I dont have to wire anything like the knock sensor. I have a friend at honda that get me parts at cost.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: wiring problem? (turkdog)

Even by using that harness you will still need to do wiring on the cabin harness side going from the shock tower in to the ECU. I think it would be a waste of $ to buy that harness since the car is an EX and you could easily use the stock harness just the same. The Del Sol harness is really nothing more than your stock harness when referring to this swap.
Like I said before, the only way the harness will plug in to the OBDII distributor, injectors and alternator is if you rewire your harness with OBDII plugs for those parts. You could use an OBDII 96+ GSR engine harness to make all the parts plug in on the motor, but that's the only one that will give you the least amount of wiring. The bottom line is, there is no engine harness that will make that swap work without a small amount of wiring.