Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nice clean wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nice clean wiring

I am preparing to install a JDM B16A2 in my '94 DX. I've been waiting for years to be able to do this, and using the SEARCH feature of this forum I have found just about everything I need. One thing I am curious about is when I run the additional wires from the extra connectors on the engine, what is the best way to hook them to the ECU? I want a reliable connection; how do you guys do this?

Also, I found the knock sensor and VTEC selonoid, but what is the sensor on the first intake runner directly below the throttle cable?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: nice clean wiring (DXsiRII)

take the wires out of the plugs and replace them with the wires u are trying to hook up.
u take the wires out of those clips by putting a needle in there and moving this little pin till the wire comes out.. understand? or is that clear as mud?
Old 09-30-2003, 11:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DXsiRII &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am preparing to install a JDM B16A2 in my '94 DX. I've been waiting for years to be able to do this, and using the SEARCH feature of this forum I have found just about everything I need. One thing I am curious about is when I run the additional wires from the extra connectors on the engine, what is the best way to hook them to the ECU? I want a reliable connection; how do you guys do this?

Also, I found the knock sensor and VTEC selonoid, but what is the sensor on the first intake runner directly below the throttle cable?

Many thanks in advance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

like HondaZvic was saying use the extra pins out of the right hand drive harness. If you are using a P30 computer you will have to add an aditional line for the knock sensor. Use the knock sensor, vtec solenoid, pressure switch connectors off the Japanese harness. best way to route the wiring would be like stock, so open up the Harness you are going to use and route all the wires through the stock loom. And i believe that your car is already equipped with vtec lines to the ECU...if i am right then all u have to do is run the 2 vtec lines to the engine compartment side of the ECU harness...but you will still have to run the knock sensor wire all the way to the ECU
Old 10-01-2003, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've seen some really bad wiring in some cars, then there are other's that you would swear the motor came that way or was completely plug and play, which most aren't. If you are like me you want it clean and completely unnoticeable, well that takes patience and time.
If you are using a stock engine harness then you'll want to unloom certain parts and feed the added wires through until they make it to the shock tower plugs. Then you'll need to add the wiring from the shock tower plugs to the ECU. Just use the extra sensor plugs, pins and wiring then solder and heatshrink all the connections. If you do it right you shouldn't be able to tell that the wires were ever added.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:40 AM

Default Re: nice clean wiring (hondaZvic)

That makes sense I think. As far as the ECU side, I only have the DX plugs to hook to the P30 ECU. Are you saying there will be other wires coming into the VTEC and Knock pins that I will have to first remove? If so, will this disconnect something else?

I am going to study both ECU's and get back with you on this.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:44 AM

Default Re: nice clean wiring (JDM_JON)

Speaking of the pressure switch, I have a repair manual that shows it coming out of the casting where the VTEC selonoid is, but my JDM B16A doesn't have anything there at all. Just the one green/yellow wire. Sound familiar?
Old 10-02-2003, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IAT is the sensor. Intake Air Temp.