Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 Ek Hasport axle problems & exhaust problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 Ek Hasport axle problems & exhaust problems

I have a 96 civic ek with a h22a4 and JDM LSD trans. I have the Hasport Mount kit and the Hasport axles stage 2.9 I Been feeling axle bind and i noticed there was a gap between the passenger side axle and trans and has been leaking trans fluid. I removed the axle and compared the splines to my stock axles and the splines on the hasport axles are way longer.

i have been having some exhaust problems aswell. I have 3" Kteller exhaust from header back. The muffler pipe is rubbing on my sway bar end link and this is when the car is off the ground. When we lower it the exhast scrapes on the endlink. I dont think the exhuast is at the right angle so i gotta take it back to the exhaust shop to fix that. Even if that gets fixed there is still no room to put the magnaflow muffler kteller sold to me part # 14219 its 5"x8". We mocked it up and the muffler would stick out from under the bumber a good 5 inches.Here are some pics. please help me out.

thanks
yvette

This is the oem h22 axel compared to the hasprt axel

In these pics you can see how theres still a lil gap btween the axle and the trans.

In this pic you can see the difference in the splines

Here is where the axle is hitting the shock fork on the LCA

My exhaust problem

Heres a pic of how much space i have for a muffler.

Last edited by FearDisH22a4; 08-30-2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Added text
Old 08-31-2010, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 Ek Hasport axle problems & exhaust problems

Dude the axels are mount specific. Make sure you ordered the right ones according to which mounts you are using. The hasport mounts have a different part number from the DSS, I ran in to this with my H swap.

As far as the exhaust goes I'm still trying to figure this one out since I have a kteller on my car
Old 08-31-2010, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What Hasport mount kit do you have, is it the current EKH2 mount kit or an older EKH1 mount kit? There is a difference in engine placement from side to side between the two mount kits and that could be a problem if you have an EKH1 mount kit and EKH2 axles. Only our entry level axles are "Hasport" axles and the level 2.9 and up axles we sell are from the Drive Shaft Shop. Something else to consider is that the JDM LSD (M2B4) trans is 1/2 inch wider that a JDM non-LSD trans or the USDM trans. The ideal length for the dirvers side axle with a EKH2 mount kit and JDM LSD trans is 22.50-22.75 inches overall when fully compressed. If you swap the shock froks from left to right the axle shaft should no longer rub the shock forks. As far as the inner joint not going all the way into the trans, that is the way the Drive Shaft Shop has always made them and it's not usually a problem. (The Hasport entry level axles use an OEM style inner joint.) It's possible that your axle seal was damaged somehow and replacing the seal should solve the problem.
I hope this info helps, feel free to PM me or post here if there is anything else I can do to help with mounts and axles.
Also, feel free to contact the Drive Shaft Shop directly, they are a great bunch of guys and stand behind their products.
Thanks for using Hasport!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Same Reply as from the other forum:

1) why wasnt the axle section installed farther back, it looks like it was too far up in the image. It also looks like it can be moved to 'our' left based on the image. It seems from just the image the hanger was mounted in a way that pulls it to the side, that hanger could be bent to allow the adjustment

2) also i believe you requested the muffler to be returned back, in exchange for a resonator. I am not sure why this has not been done yet, if you still wish to exchange you have 10 days from the RMA request to do so.

3) if you plan to keep that muffler, it will work based on the image, it seems that you need to remove some of the left over piping to install it. Different size mufflers may require you to trim back on the rear section of pipe.

The angle the image was taken doesnt show enough room, the muffler is 5x8" and that looks to be enough space, perhaps a second image with measure tape or muffler held up could help.

Also can email us directly, for additional assistance, most cases we are more familiar with common issues then message boards

If I can help in any other ways, please let me know. I am here to help and answer any questions you have.. fastest way is to email us directly sales@kteller.com
Old 09-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the EKH2 mount kit and the EKH stage 2 axles. I did change my axle seal and it stopped my leak. As for swiching the shock forks around, that will not work. They are labbled left and right and switching them wont make any difference.

Another problem that i have is the axles are spraying grease through the inner boots at the large clamps on both axles. I remebered reading in the instructions about adjusting the small clamps but i misplaced them. I also talked to hasport and they mentioned about removing the small clamp all together and letting them move independently. Will that solve my problem with the grease spraying out the side of the larger clamps?

I havent gotten to the exhaust problems yet. As soon as i get to them i'll let you know.

thanks
Old 09-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hi, i have a problem with my passenger side axle too it seems like its longer than it should be its bend n it makes axle sound when turning left its level 2.9 with hasport mounts but am not sure if its ekh1 or 2, will post some pic's soon so u can see what am facing, thx in advance
Old 10-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: H22 Ek Hasport axle problems & exhaust problems

http://files03.arb-up.com/i/00280/xbz65zm9dhca.jpg

http://files03.arb-up.com/i/00280/fudyywcqf922.jpg

those are the links to the pic's...
Old 10-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by foxgearshift
hi, i have a problem with my passenger side axle too it seems like its longer than it should be its bend n it makes axle sound when turning left its level 2.9 with hasport mounts but am not sure if its ekh1 or 2, will post some pic's soon so u can see what am facing, thx in advance
As far as the axle binging I had I just raised the car up like maybe an inch or so and the binding stopped. I'm not as low as I wanna be but I get good ground clearance and it stopped the binding. My passenger side shock fork Is still scrapping the axle but I haven't really gotten under there to figure it out yet.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by FearDisH22a4
I have the EKH2 mount kit and the EKH stage 2 axles. I did change my axle seal and it stopped my leak. As for swiching the shock forks around, that will not work. They are labbled left and right and switching them wont make any difference.

Another problem that i have is the axles are spraying grease through the inner boots at the large clamps on both axles. I remebered reading in the instructions about adjusting the small clamps but i misplaced them. I also talked to hasport and they mentioned about removing the small clamp all together and letting them move independently. Will that solve my problem with the grease spraying out the side of the larger clamps?

I havent gotten to the exhaust problems yet. As soon as i get to them i'll let you know.

thanks
I am happy to hear that changing the seal fixed the leak. Swapping the shock forks from side to side (put the left one on the right side and the right one on the left side) will give you a little extra clearance on the axle shafts on this particular swap, you should try it.
I don't reccomend removing the clamps from the small end of the axle boots on a street car. That's more for road race cars to allow the boots to vent. You should crimp the clamps on the small end of the boots as instructed by the Drive Shaft Shop. IIRC the Drive Shaft Shop instructions say to install the axles and then crimp the clamps, it's that easy.