Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 in EK - HARDCORE axle problem...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 in EK - HARDCORE axle problem...

I got this H22 running in this civic with no CELs or anything and its running smooth.. however I cannot drive it. The driver side axle is having serious issues with some type of binding causing it to vibrate and move the entire engine very bad. This is not just cause the car is lowered, cause it is doing it even with the car jacked up and the tires off the ground.

The axles I used were an accord inner shaft and 92 integra outter. I am curious if there is a shorter axle that might give me better results?

I did not have this problem on the last one I did, I used the same axles... however it just must be too long cause its is binding and making a tapping/clicking sound on rotation.

Anyone know of a shorter axle?

Using HCP Mounts.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:37 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: H22 in EK - HARDCORE axle problem... (mister2racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mister2racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The axles I used were an accord inner shaft and 92 integra outter. I am curious if there is a shorter axle that might give me better results?

Anyone know of a shorter axle?

Using HCP Mounts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, use a 88-89 Integra driver side axle and that'll fix your problem. Here's a post I wrote up a earlier this year about axle combos to use: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=434668
Old 10-30-2003, 07:09 PM

thanks man, i REALLY appreciate it.

Tommarow morning I will go exchange this axle and swap it in.

I love honda-tech, regardless of all the resources I have as a shop owner... this board is awesome for getting the totaly specific trivial information that can be found no where else. I work on too many different cars to know what axle is what length etc etc, and its great knowing I can rely on the knowledge of guys like you that know their **** inside and out about their cars.

-charles
Old 11-08-2003, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mister2racer)

Also, when you jack the car up with the wheels off the ground, it tightens the joints again- What I did was just jack it up, then put another jack on each of the A-arms to jack the wheels up to stock ride height. That will correct the geometry and give you a more accurate real-world test. I found mine did the same thing, then I had to do this lil trick, and it seemed to fix my problem. I also swapped out the 89 axles. I am still having this problem slightly, but only wiht people in the car. Good luck!
Old 11-08-2003, 08:26 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (EK22Tim)

Same thing I replied to your same question in the other axle post.........

Change the inner joint to a Prelude joint (longer shaft, deeper cup for more play and movement for the shaft), and get a camber kit. With the camber kit, it'll straighten up your hub with the axle joint so there will be less stress on the joint.

Should help you out.