Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b20z2 obd2b p75 problems

Old 03-31-2013, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 b20z2 obd2b p75 problems

Hey HT,

ive been dealing with this damn swap for awhile and keeps going downhill. Its in a 00 ex coupe. Runnin a obd2 p75 for emissions purposes.. alright start off with my codes

Cyl 1 through 4 misfire.. (sigh)
ELD
throttle position sensor
Iac
Map sensor
ELD

Those are the codes thrown up.. i beleive the iac map are thrown off by a bad TPS. Not aure though signs lead to it. Rough idle.. foolin w. Vacuum ect its killing my car. Start toff by saying my car idles.... bad. Before i dropped it out of gear and it would eventually die. Playin around with some vacuum lines. I now idle around 1.5k. Constantly. I beleive thats my tps and im ordering one soon.. just need something tp grind it off? (Any DIY layin around?) Anyways now the good stuff.

So on hills or even a level ground when i throw it into first i BOG bad.. in first the only time and its only sometimes downhill or if im still rolling going into first.. from the minute i pull out til about 3k give or take in any gear i get alot of backfire.. and i mean alot of pops and jerks.. then fter 3k im reving highef.. but i dont feel like im really moving.. i feel like its missing alot of kixk to it still..

I ran a compression test along with a valve adjjustment and my compression test ran as my 1 and 4i cylinders were completely dead at 0. The other 2 ran fine compression.. howvever at 3 grand or so like i zaid i i get some of my power back.

With that said after talking to some mechanics and honda heads ive gotten a bunch of diffedent responses

Bad rings
bad valves
Bad tps (on top of one)( also had one guy tell me this might be the problem)
Vacuum leak
Bad injectors(or something to do w. Fuel)
Possible ecu problem OR wiring problem

I dont see why it would be injectors.. imo since bad compression. Or ecu or wiring. I could only see it being the valves and rings.. in which case.. how coumd i test.. i have a job and its my only source of driving to and from work. Ontop of the fact of short cash for a new dd in the meantime.. i just font want to buy a new head to rip it apart to find out its rings or vicd versa.. any ideas HT?
Old 03-31-2013, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b20z2 obd2b p75 problems

In forst i havw very little pull.. its like im speeding up but going no where.. last oil change i didnt see any metal shards. Now that its gettin warmer here (nh) my temp gauge is starting to work and im runnin the midway on my heat gauge.. (stock ek) some days are qorse then others on colder days i get alot nore backfire compared to warmer days. Today its abput 50s earlier and i had alot less backfire. On colder days gertin out of first is time consuming...
Oh and yes it has fresh spark plugs.. MIGHT need new wires.. not sure if thatll help though

Sorry for the typos ect.. on a phone. Anyone?
Old 04-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think im gonna pick up some new wires today? Hoping maybe its a cheap fix..
Old 04-02-2013, 03:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Top... anyone?? Anything? Im leanin towards valves..