D16Y7 Idle problem - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion


D16Y7 Idle problem

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11
Default D16Y7 Idle problem

i have the same problem my cel is on and codes are map sensor high input and tps low input. my friend cut my map and tps wires right near the connector i nicely put the connections back and tested the voltage..when i start the car the idle surges about the same in the video posted but faster and it sounds like a leak near the throttle body i have a d16y7...any help? mine does this when idles and dies right when i try to drive it
99ek4Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11
Default Re: IDLE problem with 1996 civic

mine do
99ek4Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 45,260
Default Re: IDLE problem with 1996 civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ek4Dr View Post
i have the same problem my cel is on and codes are map sensor high input and tps low input. my friend cut my map and tps wires right near the connector i nicely put the connections back and tested the voltage..when i start the car the idle surges about the same in the video posted but faster and it sounds like a leak near the throttle body i have a d16y7...any help? mine does this when idles and dies right when i try to drive it
Are the TPS and MAP sensor connectors swapped?
Former User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11
Default Re: IDLE problem with 1996 civic

i switches the sensors and car sounded like there was some sort of missfire or something it had a deep idle every few seconds i dont know how to describe
99ek4Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11
Default Re: IDLE problem with 1996 civic

i also checked for a leak around the manifold and there was nothing..it sounds like a whistle or humming noise coming from throttle body. thats why im thinkining maybe t/b gasket leak. I dont think that would cause my car to have the problems its having though
99ek4Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 45,260
Default Re: IDLE problem with 1996 civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ek4Dr View Post
i switches the sensors and car sounded like there was some sort of missfire or something it had a deep idle every few seconds i dont know how to describe
What are the three wire colors in each connector currently plugged into the MAP sensor and TPS?
Former User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #7
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11
Default Re: IDLE problem with 1996 civic

i dont remember now but the wires that were cut i put back by matching the colors..i know that is right for a fact i checked about 50 times lol
99ek4Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 45,260
Default Re: IDLE problem with 1996 civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ek4Dr View Post
i dont remember now but the wires that were cut i put back by matching the colors..i know that is right for a fact i checked about 50 times lol

Can't help you without concrete information.
Former User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #9
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 45,260
Default Re: IDLE problem with 1996 civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ek4Dr View Post
i also checked for a leak around the manifold and there was nothing..it sounds like a whistle or humming noise coming from throttle body. thats why im thinkining maybe t/b gasket leak. I dont think that would cause my car to have the problems its having though
TB gasket costs $2. Torquing the TB nuts and bolts to spec is free if you have a torque wrench.
Former User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11
Default Re: IDLE problem with 1996 civic

may i also state my iacv connector that was cut off..when i unplug it the idle stop surging but still idles high...when i unplug tps sensor it also stops the surging..its only when there both plugged in that the idle surges i still cant drive with the connectors disconnected it dies right away i also noticed an odd smell in my exhaust like the cars not getting the right air/fuel ratio
99ek4Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11
Default Re: D16Y7 Idle problem

any ideas ron?
99ek4Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with my civic idle issue Devon Ames Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) 2 08-15-2015 09:44 PM
Idle Problems 94civicz6 Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) 2 06-09-2010 06:46 PM
Install problem ritalin Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) 3 06-03-2004 07:10 PM
erick's racing thrttle body install -pics inside- pornstarSR Acura Integra Type-R 8 07-17-2002 02:55 PM
erick's racing throttle body install -pics inside- pornstarSR Tech / Misc 4 07-17-2002 02:55 PM


Tags
2011, adjust, adjustment, color, d16y7, hunting, idle, map, plug, problems, senor, sensor, surge, tps, unplugged

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:54 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send