Honda Motorcycles Honda Powersports: riding, maintenance, gear, and safety.

2008 Ninja 250r

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:31 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2008 Ninja 250r (b20turboic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b20turboic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

True that GraphCord even my 08 1000rr bores me if I just go straight. </TD></TR></TABLE>

only one cure for that...wheelies! haha

I &lt;3 your 1000RR, did you get a fender eliminator for it yet? any new pics?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:32 PM

Default Re: 2008 Ninja 250r (GraphiteAccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GraphiteAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

only one cure for that...wheelies! haha

I &lt;3 your 1000RR, did you get a fender eliminator for it yet? any new pics?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nothing new done but tons more miles. I just sold the ZX6R so I am looking into some toys fender elim, better tires, and full akra exhaust (race cause the ti system is toooo much for 2 pounds saved) to open it up

I would also like woodcraft rear sets as well but money sadly does not grow on trees haha.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:53 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: 2008 Ninja 250r (b20turboic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b20turboic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Nothing new done but tons more miles. I just sold the ZX6R </TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought the 6R was going to be a track *****?
Old 06-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GraphiteAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I get bored of my triumph when I have to go in a straight line for anything more than a 1/2 mile. Want to have fun in a straight line? Buy a hayabusa, or are you insinuating that the F4I you bought is the new 'busa? haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha. Yah right.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well as much as I'd like to go fast and start on a bigger bike, I wont. Im in central florida as well, and this place is definately not the safest place to ride a bike. Guys goes down like flies around here on bikes.. I just want to learn to ride.

I dont need to go fast, I want to know what I'm doing first..

I was told you can get one still.. and I AM NOT getting one brand new off the showroom floor. I want one used, but alot of places are telling me not only is there a line for brand new ones but even used ones are being brought in and sold in like a two day period.. thats kind of what I mean also by a waiting list..

I want a used one.. not brand new at all.

I checked out a bunch of youtube videos for sound differences.. all the slip ons and exhausts make them sound like louder lawn mowers.. its not a big deal to me but.. if its going to sound worse with a pipe then screw it..

I plan to re-jet and exhaust and all that, trust me i've done my research, but not for a while. Let me figure out how this thing works first, and when im comfortable with it after months i'll start thinking about new parts
Old 06-26-2008, 03:20 PM
thk
Members Only

Default Re: (DsevenEm2)

Keep an eye on the ads and bookmark various dealerships plus check craigslist often. I lucked out after literally months of searching and waiting.

Good luck!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:00 PM

Default Re: 2008 Ninja 250r (DsevenEm2)

Negatives: ok breaks but mushy compared to any SS, aftermarket support is growing but slow to reach production, common to have an inaccurate speedo and fuel gauge

Positives: well over 2000 miles on mine and after break in it's a joy to ride, everything really smooths out and you can appreciate what a well built machine it is. Averaging 60-70 mpg, cheap insurance, very forgiving, incredibly fun in the twisties, and out of countless people to come up to me the only person that knew it was a 250 was an old guy on a cruiser.

If you can appreciate what it is you will love this bike. It's not going to blow your socks off in the straights, but it will have a much better learning curve for learning to ride and continue to put a smile on your face each time. It's a great value if you can get it around msrp (demand is still high though and IMO I wouldn't pay over 4k). Highway is fine don't let people tell you otherwise. Top speed for me at 135-140lbs is 110. I haven't met anyone (in person or over the internet) who has said they didn't like this bike, you will most likely want to move up but even then you may be hard pressed to keep this pony in your stable.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:28 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: 2008 Ninja 250r (leeminho86)

Has anyone put clip ons on a new 250 yet? the moment that happens, is the moment I'd consider it.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DsevenEm2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DsevenEm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well as much as I'd like to go fast and start on a bigger bike, I wont. Im in central florida as well, and this place is definately not the safest place to ride a bike. Guys goes down like flies around here on bikes.. I just want to learn to ride.

I dont need to go fast, I want to know what I'm doing first..

I was told you can get one still.. and I AM NOT getting one brand new off the showroom floor. I want one used, but alot of places are telling me not only is there a line for brand new ones but even used ones are being brought in and sold in like a two day period.. thats kind of what I mean also by a waiting list..

I want a used one.. not brand new at all.

I checked out a bunch of youtube videos for sound differences.. all the slip ons and exhausts make them sound like louder lawn mowers.. its not a big deal to me but.. if its going to sound worse with a pipe then screw it..

I plan to re-jet and exhaust and all that, trust me i've done my research, but not for a while. Let me figure out how this thing works first, and when im comfortable with it after months i'll start thinking about new parts</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like you have your head on your shoulders. Have you taken the MSF? Have you tried looking on Craigslist? I used to look at that frequently and there were 250's on there all the time.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi!

I need an opinion from everybody.

Just visited the dealership and put my deposit down for the '09 model (Which I can refund back at anytime).

For the Kawasaki Ninja 250R.

The MSRP is $3,499. But the total came out to $4,800?!?

Tax, licensing, freight handling, assembling?

I figured AT MOST it would come out to like $4,400.

Any thoughts?

I might just say screw getting a bike.

/rant
Old 06-26-2008, 06:57 PM
thk
Members Only

Default Re: 2008 Ninja 250r (Numba1 B Series)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Numba1 B Series &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I need an opinion from everybody.

Just visited the dealership and put my deposit down for the '09 model (Which I can refund back at anytime).

For the Kawasaki Ninja 250R.

The MSRP is $3,499. But the total came out to $4,800?!?

Tax, licensing, freight handling, assembling?

I figured AT MOST it would come out to like $4,400.

Any thoughts?

I might just say screw getting a bike.

/rant </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's called ... they're raping you.

A lot of the dealers here are doing the same since it's probably the hottest bike on the market right now. I have only found one dealer in NY state that sells for MSRP and doesn't tack on additional fluff. They're asking roughly ~$4100 OTD (adding sales tax of 8.65% and title/plates/inspection). So realistically, that's the price you should be aiming for.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi!

Default Re: 2008 Ninja 250r (thk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's called ... they're raping you.

A lot of the dealers here are doing the same since it's probably the hottest bike on the market right now. I have only found one dealer in NY state that sells for MSRP and doesn't tack on additional fluff. They're asking roughly ~$4100 OTD (adding sales tax of 8.65% and title/plates/inspection). So realistically, that's the price you should be aiming for.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I thought!!!

So maybe I should just visit other dealerships.

Grrr.....So much for getting a decent bike that looks cool and offers a good price.

Thanks though.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:18 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: 2008 Ninja 250r (Numba1 B Series)

4800 is not acceptable.

I would pay 4k OTD, and not a penny less.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi!

This place won't even negotiate.

I attempted to bargain but the salesman refused.

So I might just go back and get my deposit back.

Another day spent wasting gas.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I lol @ the idiots trying to sell it for more than 5 grand.

http://fresno.craigslist.org/mcy/697843890.html
Old 06-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi!

Default Re: (Rickdrizzle)

WTF!?!?

If $4,800 leaves buyers such as myself skeptical..then who in this world would ever buy a used for 5 grand?!?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Numba1 B Series)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Numba1 B Series &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WTF!?!?

If $4,800 leaves buyers such as myself skeptical..then who in this world would ever buy a used for 5 grand?!? </TD></TR></TABLE>oh they'll sell for $5k. they just wont sell to people like us

and why would you put a deposit down on something without finding out the final price first??
Old 06-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi!

Default Re: (EGlovr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGlovr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh they'll sell for $5k. they just wont sell to people like us

and why would you put a deposit down on something without finding out the final price first??</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL to the 'they won't sell to people like us.'

Oh I did find out the price FIRST...but then I had thoughts of taking the money back.

But now it's official...I'm going to get it back..first thing tomorrow morning...

And if the dealer decides to give me 'store credit' and not my cash.

There will be consequences.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GraphiteAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Has anyone put clip ons on a new 250 yet? the moment that happens, is the moment I'd consider it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Woodcraft is suppose to be designing some however they will only be about an inch lower since any further would need cutting of the fairing. They were gauging interest last I knew but I'm not sure if the price would outweigh the slight improvement.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:15 AM

I thought the 6R was going to be a track *****?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wanted it to be but I just have not had the time due to work and it was just sitting. That and the right offer came my way I just could not refuse
Old 06-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (96 SOHC VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96 SOHC VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sounds like you have your head on your shoulders. Have you taken the MSF? Have you tried looking on Craigslist? I used to look at that frequently and there were 250's on there all the time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Havn't taken the MSF yet.. as soon as I get this speeding ticket out of the way from a while ago then I should be ok. It's like 140$ for the course here at the local Harley dealership.

I checked craigslist.. but I cant afford over 3 grand cash right now. Im getting a chunk of money.. but using it for school, my car, couple other more important thing. So I'm just using SOME of it for a downpayment on a bike.. which means buying cash will probably be out of the question. Its ok.. I can make a downpayment. Insurance will be bad for me, because of my two speeding tickets, a year apart from each other and a suspended license (at one point)...

Old 06-27-2008, 03:40 PM
ucb
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GraphiteAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">4800 is not acceptable.

I would pay 4k OTD, and not a penny less. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know you are from the UK and your sense of direction is all fuxored, hence the riding on the wrong side of the road, but you meant to say not a penny more correct?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:43 PM
ucb
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GraphiteAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Has anyone put clip ons on a new 250 yet? the moment that happens, is the moment I'd consider it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i believe they are psuedo clip-ons
Old 06-27-2008, 03:48 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: 2008 Ninja 250r (ucb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ucb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I know you are from the UK and your sense of direction is all fuxored, hence the riding on the wrong side of the road, but you meant to say not a penny more correct? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was tired, and it's been a long week. work with me sweetie.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:49 PM
.RJ

Default Re: 2008 Ninja 250r (leeminho86)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by leeminho86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Woodcraft is suppose to be designing some</TD></TR></TABLE>

What size are the fork tubes? Woodcraft already makes any size you want down to 29mm

http://www.kneedraggers.com/de....html

Quick Reply: 2008 Ninja 250r