Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

turbo ls hatch problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo ls hatch problem

well this seems to be whats up with my car.. its a ls w/ t3 turbo, has a boost controller, well just lately i toke my car out for a spin and when i barely give it like half throttle and at around 4k rpms it seems like my car would die, all the electronics would turn off for like 1 sec and turn back on my car just dies and rpms drop but it stays on.. like the car doesnt want to boost or something, is this a wiring problem ? and another thing i noticed before this started happening was when i drive and everytime i give it throttle i heard a not loud but very noticiable tick tick tick sound, and it stops when i let go of the gas, then back when i give it gas. anyone have any input on this ? thanks
Old 05-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: turbo ls hatch problem

So this happened just all of a sudden random one day when you started it up or were you running the car hard previously or did the engine see alot of boost?

Have you checked the oil? So basically your saying as you accelerate the noise gets louder?

I would also start with testing the battery/alternator just to be sure (for the electrical issue)
Old 05-22-2009, 12:00 AM

the car seemed a little low on oil and i put another quart in there and havent tried it yet, yup random, and i barely run my car hard just a little pull here and there i mainly try to conserve my gas cause i do alot of driving, yes as i accelerate it gets faster actually, and when i stop or pop the hood and listen i dont hear it anymore, pretty much only when i drive, and i constantly keep my car as 8 - 9 psi as it was tuned
Old 05-22-2009, 12:03 AM

If the noise gets louder as you accelerate it could possiably be a bearing about to go in the block?
Old 05-22-2009, 12:11 AM

its actually at its loudest at slower speed like driving around the streets, if im on the freeway and either wot or 1/2 throttle it gets quieter if not gone, one time it actually completly went away for like 10 minutes i was happy then it came back sigh
Old 05-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check your plug on your alternator. I had mine creep off and as I would be driving my tach and everything would jump on and off, kept on driving and finally died. then i found the plug out and problem fixed
Old 05-30-2009, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check behind your battery make sure that when your flooring it the terminals aren't hitting the firewall and shorting out lol i had that happen the post's on the battery were toward the back instead of the front like OEM . just a idea to check out . as far as the ticking noise that just sounds like you need to adjust your valves . no big deal there . but if it is your battery is shorting out on the firewall you will see the burn marks lol i burnt a hole threw my firewall it was the same thing around 4 grand it felt like i hit a brick wall rpm's str8 fell but car still was on hopefully its something easy like that , check it out